GNX with moon roof?

JDSfastGN

I have a friend looking at a GNX for sale. I have been trying to search but haven't found an answer. The car has a moon roof. Is this for sure an aftermarket? I've read all but one were hard tops. How much does this hurt the value of an original very low mile GNx?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    812.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    731.8 KB · Views: 164
Pics of the roof

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    743.3 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
It did not come with the car when it was originally built....as for the value it has a negative impact...but it you like and you think it is a good deal then buy it.....it is still an X.

I have a friend looking at a GNX for sale. I have been trying to search but haven't found an answer. The car has a moon roof. Is this for sure an aftermarket? I've read all but one were hard tops. How much does this hurt the value of an original very low mile GNx?

I would say "BIG TIME" !!!
That is one of those horrible flip up van style roofs. What a shame.

The ONE that has the power Moonroof installed at ASC is owned by Richard Clark. ...currently not on the open market and would take an extremely large offer to get him to sell it.

A pop up sunroof , I personally wouldn't want on any GN let alone a GNX ....

Bryan

If it were , and I doubt it , was a real good deal , I would buy it and put a new roof on it !!!!!! IMO , big time negative impact on it . Looks like it is in a dealers showroom ?

This one is on ebay in Texas for sale, had all of the photos sent to me.... very rough shape. Wrong bumpers, underhood mods, rust, cracked dash, sunroof (about $100 back in 87) the salesman knows little to nothing about the car.

This one is on ebay in Texas for sale, had all of the photos sent to me.... very rough shape. Wrong bumpers, underhood mods, rust, cracked dash, sunroof (about $100 back in 87) the salesman knows little to nothing about the car.

How does a GNX with 4052 miles have the issues it has?

I’ve seen cars that are gems in photos and turds in person.

Those pics don’t say much for this car.

I call shenanigans!

I had the vin run and the mileage adds up but that can be manipulated.

No major incidents reported.

The price tag of 59k also seems off for 4k mile GNX.

Something is very wrong here.

D

How does a GNX with 4052 miles have the issues it has?

I’ve seen cars that are gems in photos and turds in person.

Those pics don’t say much for this car.

I call shenanigans!

I had the vin run and the mileage adds up but that can be manipulated.

No major incidents reported.

The price tag of 59k also seems off for 4k mile GNX.

Something is very wrong here.

D

All I can tell you is ask the salesman for the rest of the photos... it has had a very hard life, out door storage at some point for sure. I was told that the owner traded it and a CTSV in on a Nissan GTR Nissmo...

So here is my take on the car after seeing it. The underhood mods include relocated battery for a train horn... what the heck? , a filter run down behind the bumper, fiberglass bumpers/fillers and a 7th injector setup. The stock chip was there, stock GNX turbo, intercooler and all of the correct GNX suspension parts. The car had been sitting in a non AC'd garage for a while and while its not clean, it is not what I consider rough. There is nothing more than a bit of surface rust on a the front header panel and oxidation on the turbo shield and other random items. Somebody did some shoddy work on the exhaust systems rear hangers and it has ATR headers. There were no signs of a repaint and the car did not appear to be an outdoor car to me, just a very poorly maintained car that needs some TLC. The body was straight and the original paint can be salvaged. The interior was in pretty good condition and just needed a good cleaning. There was a small crack on the dash cover around the speaker on the drivers side. A couple weekends of polishing/buffing, new bumpers/correct fillers, and demodding would make for a very clean mostly original GNX imo. Its really a shame about the moon roof. The car started and ran fine but apparently it wont rev past 3500 rpm. My guess is the 7th injector is drowning the motor and causing issues. All the vacuum lines need to be replaced and the turbo Y was not hooked up to the Solenoid. If I had the money this wouldn't intimidate me at all as a car to turn into a nice GNX that you could drive a bit since the big time collector value has been hurt by the moon roof. Ill post a few more pictures that I took. Some may disagree with my opinion of the car but as a buick owner with tons of random stock parts sitting around this would be a breeze to get back to its glory.

Here are a few more pictures. BTW Im not sure if this is not an ATR exhaust either. I know the GNX had the dual muffler layout but the mufflers looked like the pitbulls on my car.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
I went and looked at the car before I knew it had the sunroof. Its not in that great of shape for 60k

Last edited: