Good Combo

motorhead445

Im in the market for a turbo,for my '87 Turbo-T.At first I was interested in a PT-51 but heard BAD STUFF about em !Then I was thinking of a TE44,Right know my car is quick but I want more!I want a SCARY CAR:D HERE is my list of what I want.
TA-52-Is it a good unit?
50lbs injectors
Stall converter to compliment turbo
I allready have a good foundation to build on.Good fuel system,200/200 GSCA cam with double roller chain &Kenne Belle HD rocker shafts,Ported & Polished Intake,Bell mouthed TB&intercooler& many more mods already on car.
Does my planned upgrades sound good for my intentions?I want a FAST CAR that I can take to track put slicks&Race Gas in & Have Fun,then put street tires on & cruise like a stocker;) What do you guys think?What are your suggestions?

I don't know why you'd want a 52 when your scared of a 51 because of failures.Don't they both use the same exhaust wheel?
How "streetable" do you want to be[what stall]?If you want to stay around 3,000-3,200 stall,I would think either a Te60-62 w/82 a/r exhaust housing or call Jack Cotton[1-800-639-0531]and order up a CPT 65.That's how I'd handle it.Have fun.:D

Go with a TE-44 and don't worry about the convertor. A 44 will almost max out the 50's anyways. No point in going too much bigger with the turbo if you don't hafve the injector to support it.