good idea or bad idea read....

wiked87gn

Banned
with my mods, what gains should i expect going to a TE44 turbo and dogging the TA60, your opinion on this is greatly appreciated., also any of you running this turbo what are you experiences with it.

thanks.

I don't have either turbo but what are you expecting to gain? The Ta-60 should be a pretty darn good all around turbo.

we run the te-44 my dad loves it but i wish we would of went a little bigger even know it would of been over kill..... i would say go with a te 60 or something

Bad idea-
dont they put out the same amount of air?
i thought they are both right at 800cfm...
BW

Umm how can you see a gain by going to a smaller turbo than what you have, unless your combo is REALLY mismatched....

As per the turbo comparison chart I downloaded a while back (forget where from tho)

TA-60: Comes with T04E Compressor Cover - 3" Inlet and 2" Outlet, large 60 trim comp wheel, T-31 76 trim turbine wheel, .63 A/R. For mid-low 11 second applications, 2800 minimum stall required.

TE-44: Comes with T04E Compressor Cover - 3" Inlet and 2" Outlet, small 60 trim comp wheel, T-31 76 trim turbine wheel, .63 A/R. For mid 11 second applications, 2700 minimum stall required

Doug C.

thanks for the replies, i thougt about going to a TE45A, but would i have to port and flow heads and intake to make this turbo work property or what?

Why are you intent on ditching the TA-60. Is it toast? It is a pretty darn good street turbo so why change?

You have enough convertor for the te45a, so if something happens to the 60 you have, definitely upgrade to the te45a-

a buddy of mine here in kc was running the te45a with the stock D5 convertor, total mismatch-
but it was running 11.80s at 118 with the stock heads and intake-

i would do it