Good informative corvette forums?

---------------------------------
Jim: anybody that's fortunate enough to have a wife that tolerates them and helps WORK ON THEIR CARS should be more than happy to buy them at least a Z06.
Yep she gets want she wants, no complaints from me :biggrin: Just hoping I don't get traded in on a new model ;)

I sure wish that you guys had never started this thread. I have been on all of the corvette forums for the last 3 or 4 days. I see another one coming and I really can't afford it. I really wish that they would have backed the '08 Z06 with a paddle auto. Maybe a new '08 438 horse backed with a paddle tranny & topped off with a small blower?

I really shouldnt have started the thread LOL

Heres what im thinkin' right now.

Id love to have a new automatic 2008 corvette, hardtop (non ZO6), with the polished wheels.
Well, i cant get a hardtop, and just looked at a few dealer lot 08 vettes a week ago and the polished wheels look great till the rain hits them since they have no protection. Now im thinking about the grey painted wheels.

With the GMID program, i could get a 6 speed auto vette with the Z51 suspension and the polished wheels for around $42,000.00

Well, that happens to be about $10,000.00 more than i paid for my brand new 2002 dodge 3500 H.O. 6 speed cummins turbo diesel 4x4 long bed extended cab. I paid 32,000 in 2002 and would maybe get 20,000 out of it now.

I just cant justify spending 42,000.00 for a car that i know im going to loose money on, granted owning a brand new car/truck feels awesome for the first year, but going back to having a car payment on something that im going to lose money on just isnt in the cards for me.

Honestly, i like the new vette and how it looks, but for 42,000 id rather wait a few years and buy a C6 ZO6. Right now ive seen them as low as 55K and dropping. Once the blue devil and ss camaro comes out, hopefully the 505HP ZO6 vette will be affordable for me.

Gary, if you decide on a 08 vette, a Precision Turbo 76GTS would work great on that motor. Here is one that a friend installed on a GTO Home of the Fastest Street Cars in Kansas City

BW

The C6 is a race car with a warranty.

I just got back from the sandhills open road race in western nebraska.

While I fight for every corner and beating the hell out my 502 Grand Prix, guys that bought new corvettes, add a harness bar and belts, don't even break a sweat going though corners 10 -15 mph faster than me.

I managed to win the second fastest class, and beat two 06 ZO6's and a 91 ZR1 plus a few lesser cars in what is basically a bracket race road race, If I went out an bought a regular, stock C6, I'm pretty sure I would be a contender in the fastest class, with no problems.

I am in Gering Ne for another week then headed back to Kansas for good; shoulda called me:cool:

Gary-
I too saw that car on the site, the wheels and tires alone are 10,000.00

The car would be sweeeeeeeeeeet to have, then again, whats it worth in 10 years?

The ZR1 is cheap, callaway is getting there...

What about a low mile 99 viper? :eek:

How many vipers do you see on the road vs a new vette? Which one is going to lose more value in the next 10 years:redface:

Both are very expensive cars...

BW

I didn't price the tires & rims, just figured that they were about $7.5K new, but just guessed.
If you have to consider what a car is worth down the road, then a newer model vette is not the car to purchase. Pretty much the only way to lose more money than buying a new vette is to get robbed at gunpoint or give it away to charity.
When i bought my current '02 Z06 I asked a lot of vette owners, both past & current their opinion between a new Z06 & a ZR1, it came down to driving or collecting. The ZR1 is not the driver that the Z06 is, and then additionally, lack of ZR1 mechanics in the country & so forth.
The Callaway would be great for you as you do all or most of your own work, but for somebody that has to even think about a mechanic or repair shop, take your banker. getting around in that tight of a motor compartment is not for the faint of pocketbook.
Sorry, I can't get past the Vipers unattractriveness. Not to mention the ergonomics factor.
Vettes will probably lose a tad more than the vette in any one given 10 year span, but I think that it would be a close race.
Oh well, back to dreaming.
The above all of my personal opinion, not to flame anyone's favorite cars.