Got booted out of PR tonight!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Well it finally happened, I got the big boot from Pacific Raceway. I ran 3 times 12.17, 12.02 then I received some coaching from Dennis Hogan on tire pressure in my Nitto's, I was running 20psi in my tires on the first 2 runs. Then Dennis had me drop the air pressure to 14psi and I ran an 11.87.

All three runs were in 100% street trim. 20* chip, alky, drag radials and 25psi of boost. No race gas or zylene used. No animals were harmed during any of the runs.

I can only imagine what this thing could do with slicks, race chip and race gas with a hard launch.

Maybe at BOP Bremerton...

Frank

Thanks guys....

Did I mention that this car has a V6? LOL

Here's a funny but sad story from last night. As the sun started to set and it was getting into the "dusk" timeframe. There were 3 GN's there last night and I looked in the pit area and thought I saw a 4th GN, it turned out to be a black MonteCarlo.:confused:

OMFG! How could I have eve made this mistake? Sorry guys.

FS

Congrats Frank!!!! Next goals 11:50, 120 mph, 10's, 10:50, stage motor... :D

Did you ever put together a TTIV DVD/Video????

Originally posted by z06_rob
It was me that pointed out to Frank.. that the 4th "GN" was in fact a Monte.

Rob

It's true Rob had to correct me. I should not be allowed to drive this car for atleast a week.:D

Originally posted by rastaz
Congrats Frank!!!! Next goals 11:50, 120 mph, 10's, 10:50, stage motor... :D

Did you ever put together a TTIV DVD/Video????

Thanks Rob! You have some nice goals there sir. I still think that I have more left in mine by looking at my 60' times and how hard I leave the line. Really I'm still learning how to drive my combo.

As far as the video goes, yes it is put together but I suck at producing. So, If you want which I'm sure you will I can burn you a copy for your computer and you can finish it the way you like. I'll put some energy in this project this weekend.

Frank

Frank.... I've got one of your burn outs on film... I'll have to burn it for you...

Rob

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Thanks Rob! You have some nice goals there sir.

As far as the video goes, yes it is put together but I suck at producing. So, If you want which I'm sure you will I can burn you a copy for your computer and you can finish it the way you like. I'll put some energy in this project this weekend.

Frank

Frank, those are the goals I'm setting for you :D

I'm pretty computer illeterate so I'll just wait until you have the video done as best you can. Let me know when its ready to go.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Well it finally happened, I got the big boot from Pacific Raceway. I ran 3 times 12.17, 12.02 then I received some coaching from Dennis Hogan on tire pressure in my Nitto's, I was running 20psi in my tires on the first 2 runs. Then Dennis had me drop the air pressure to 14psi and I ran an 11.87.

All three runs were in 100% street trim. 20* chip, alky, drag radials and 25psi of boost. No race gas or zylene used. No animals were harmed during any of the runs.

I can only imagine what this thing could do with slicks, race chip and race gas with a hard launch.

Maybe at BOP Bremerton...

Frank

Quit imagining, and do it! Buy some race gas for Bremerton, borrow a race chip from Bill and some slicks, and go for it!

Do it now, before you buy the new turbo over the winter and then it will be too late to find out.

Chris

Hey Frank ,
Nice runs last night!! , thank you for trouble shooting my turbo problem & use of your thrasher chip . Now I feel the need for speed time to add some parts to my slug !! Big Dave

Originally posted by Dzdave
Hey Frank ,
Nice runs last night!! , thank you for trouble shooting my turbo problem & use of your thrasher chip . Now I feel the need for speed time to add some parts to my slug !! Big Dave

Eazy, peazy, lemon squizy!

You know you're not as far away as you may think. Plus Dennis has quite a few parts that he maybe selling.

FS

Very nice Frank! I wish I didn't have to work....otherwise I would have been there too! I will be at Bremerton though....hopefully I will have some new rubber before that race. My ET Streets are getting pretty worn. Remember how hard I spun them in Marysville? :eek:

Oh, forgot to mention....I predict a 11.45 @ 119 mph with race gas, race chip and my ET Streets on your car. Not sure how many chances you will have at Bremerton, but I remember the first time ever, I ran my car there and made 3 "half" passes (letting off at the 1/8th mark) and 1 full pass in 11.29 @ 120 mph (this was before my rollbar) and didn't get the boot! :cool:

Me and my friend have a 29 minute video that is edited and mixed and airing on public access tv in st helens oregon. Anybody going to Long Beach Washington for the Rod Run? I will have my copy of the tape down there. I don't have any real short video tapes to transfer it to to mail.