Got my XFI harness Today!

Dale,
I made him a jumper from the stock harness to the XFI box. I incorperated the SES light for error codes and the ALDL for reflashing the ecu (your great idea, not mine), along with TCC, EGR, AC, VSS, boost control, etc...

Jack,
Thanks for the kind words. Dale has probably been busier than I have. I am not going to bother having adaptor harnesses made when you, Dale, and probably PTE will be making them. See you in BG!

Tony,
You are one to talk. I doubt anyone is going to be within 1/4 second of you in TSO this year ;)

On a side note, my customer running NHRA stock eliminator ran within .02 of his best on the first pass out with the XFI box. This weekend my 10.5 NMRA car driven by Jimmy Keen will be running an XFI box, looking for bottom 7's until we put a bigger turbo on.

Cal.
Congrats on the NHRA stock eliminator car, .02 is huge for those guys. I forgot about the SES & AC, We are not going to incorporate the reflashing to eliminate mistakes, but will include a how to. Almost forgot a 4 position selector for different programs (street,race, etc) this will be a optional switch and harness.

Good Luck with the 10.5 NMRA car.

Originally posted by HighPSI
[
Tony,
You are one to talk. I doubt anyone is going to be within 1/4 second of you in TSO this year ;)

Cal,

thats because of the t/a block you know its 3/4 the weight of a steel block thats were I gain the 1/4:)

Originally posted by berrelauto
Otto. Did you get a jumper harness for the buick or is it a jumper to connect the old FAST plug to the XFI plug, or a full harness ? The reason I ask is FAST does not recommend a jumper from old to new. This adds extra connection points and we all know this could lead to trouble. We have made a jumper for testing but will not sell these, We are having 10 Buick jumper harness's made that will have Speedo input, TCC, Boost control, EGR, and some inputs for sensors. No pricing yet on this, FAST has not given us prices on the ECU plugs yet. I will post updates on pricing and shipping as soon a I know.
Dale , I guess Cal answered the question for me.
But i will not actually be using TCC,A/C,Boost control.As i have neither of hte first 2 and alreay run an innovative w/ c02 for boost control,
I will be though setting it up for fuel and oil pressure readings,I dont have the sensors in my hand but they are local,The only problem with my speedo input is that i am running a vintage T400 that had no provision for a speedo!
So i may setup a driveshaft sensor instead until i pull the trans and change the case(which wont be done till there is a problem)

Originally posted by baadgn
Jack has no competition he is in his own league :cool:
Im not touching that statement:) But i heard rumor(Noitce i said rumor) That Jack is running quick 16 not TSO
But ill be running TSO right beside you guys as the rules only allow me to.I betting on you guys red lighting:D
Although there is a possiblity of a certain engine i may obtain just for BG.:eek:

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Im not touching that statement:) But i heard rumor(Noitce i said rumor) That Jack is running quick 16 not TSO
But ill be running TSO right beside you guys as the rules only allow me to.I betting on you guys red lighting:D
Although there is a possiblity of a certain engine i may obtain just for BG.:eek:

Otto,

Nothing wrong with quick 16 if you have enough to make it :)

Originally posted by baadgn
Otto,

Nothing wrong with quick 16 if you have enough to make it :)
ISnt quick 16 a bracket class? Problem is im sure there are 15 cars faster that mine:)
Only qualifing will tell.

Mark Soracin is coming over tomorrow, I have to do some work for him,If you need help getting your car ready(Bobby told me about some of the fun it entails) let me know,Glad to help

Otto

You are better off with a 4 pole driveshaft sensor, the factory buick speedo sensor is 3 driveshaft revs to 1 sensor pulse. This makes for very slow responce.

Thanks for the input Dale, It would be easier than swapping tranny cases anyway,Ill jus have to get the sensor and pickups.

TSO

tony are you still runing tso with all acsessaries a/c and want not ?

is anyone else?

I believe he still has it all, I am not running any of it(ac,heat,p/s,or w/p(electric)

Originally posted by HighPSI
Dale,
I made him a jumper from the stock harness to the XFI box. I incorperated the SES light for error codes and the ALDL for reflashing the ecu (your great idea, not mine), along with TCC, EGR, AC, VSS, boost control, etc...

I thought you guys would have Mac from Fast Track make the new harnesses for you. His stuff is really nice!!!

I dont believe that F.A.S.T has made the connectors or the pin out public knowledge at this point.
They are completely different from the old box

Re: TSO

Originally posted by A.S.H.
tony are you still runing tso with all acsessaries a/c and want not ?

is anyone else?

A.S.H
Yes the car still has all the accesories including a/c and yes I will be running TSO motor is going in the car next week so it wont be long