Grand National front Clips and nose on older

Saint613

New to Buicks, I have a chance to purchase a mint 1980 regal. I was wondering if the body dimmensions are the same that would allow a GN front clip or even just the nose? Thanks in advance.

Dale

The whole later years clip should fit right on..... but you would end up using your original doors and they won't match the later front clip. You could use the doors that match the later clip .... then they won't match the quarterpanels.

Thanks for the info, don't want to get into to much grafting. Everythign about the car is mint (except the vinal landau top). It's a Canadian car that has been stored indoors for winters. It is insane how good the body is zero rust, and the rear frame rails are still solid.

Thanks for the info, don't want to get into to much grafting. Everythign about the car is mint (except the vinal landau top). It's a Canadian car that has been stored indoors for winters. It is insane how good the body is zero rust, and the rear frame rails are still solid.

As already posted.. 78-80 have the physical attributes.. all interchange, IF you swap the whole nose. IIRC the 80 has a unique header panel and bumpers as well as fenders.

81-87 all interchange. Header panel and grill fit 81-83 and 84-87 Fenders 81-87

It can be done, but it will take thinking and with some body working skills there are a few ways to do it... not an easy task:( I thought about doing it too, but don`t have the time, money or patience to do it:biggrin:

FYI:

1980:
53217660_pr.jpg

1978:
17080601.jpg

1979:
1979regal042307.jpg

Note... doors back these 3 cars are identical as far as sheetmetal is concerned... Front fenders are the same from 78-79 to 80 Except 80 has the side marker lights in the fenders as they went to the 4 headlight header panel assy.

I think the '80 Turbo Regal is unique to itself and I'd swap an LC2 into one if I had the car to put it in... :)