Grand National rear end 8.5" 10 bolt POSI 3.42 gear ratio - $1200

what is a fair price for a low mileage 8.5 posi axle?

• Total voters
Glad to hear you got it sold. But for $1200 I'll agree with these guys it better look good. That one looks like it was well worn, then someone tried to rebuild it with a can of black rear end tune up in a rattle can.

Glad to hear you got it sold. But for $1200 I'll agree with these guys it better look good. That one looks like it was well worn, then someone tried to rebuild it with a can of black rear end tune up in a rattle can.

If you have read the posting above you would have noted the low milage GN that this came out of. The fact that it has paint is no matter if the guts were clean and tight, which they were!!! The car was a rusty but the mechanicals were great!!! The guy before me decided to try painting the bottom of the car.

Quit while you're not too far behind man. You asked for a price off of vague information, You could have saved a lot of time and did a search in this section and came up with an idea of a fair price. Then you would have not encountered the comments you didn't like, an would not have gave your screen name a bad impression since we don't know you personally. You have been on the board for a while and honestly IMO should have seen this coming. Congrats on your sale, it may help others sell for more. It may also drive the price up on parts you want... kinda like Karma. Hope this thread gets locked before it really gets out of hand. Have A Nice Day!:)

how far is oxford from the BlueWater Bridge? And would you be willing to bring it across so i dont have to pay duty?

Quit while you're not too far behind man. You asked for a price off of vague information, You could have saved a lot of time and did a search in this section and came up with an idea of a fair price. Then you would have not encountered the comments you didn't like, an would not have gave your screen name a bad impression since we don't know you personally. You have been on the board for a while and honestly IMO should have seen this coming. Congrats on your sale, it may help others sell for more. It may also drive the price up on parts you want... kinda like Karma. Hope this thread gets locked before it really gets out of hand. Have A Nice Day!:)

:confused: :confused: What are you attempting to say?? I only advertised a part and then was attacked.:mad: That is the situation. Why is that so hard to understand? :confused: Also why do other posters not READ the thread. I HAVE NEVER SAID IT WAS "RARE" OR "LOOKS LIKE" I STATED THE ACTUAL MILAGE AND THE CONDITION. PLEASE IF YOU MAKE A COMMENT PLEASE MAKE IT TO THE POSTER THAT ACTUALLY MADE IT. THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT WAS EXSTATIC AT GETTING ALL THE PARTS WITH IT AND BOLTS. AND THAT THE AXLE AND GEAR WAS IN GREAT AND LIKE NEW SHAPE (he said). have a nice day also.:smile:

:confused: :confused: What are you attempting to say?? I only advertised a part and then was attacked.:mad: That is the situation. Why is that so hard to understand? :confused: Also why do other posters not READ the thread. I HAVE NEVER SAID IT WAS "RARE" OR "LOOKS LIKE" I STATED THE ACTUAL MILAGE AND THE CONDITION. PLEASE IF YOU MAKE A COMMENT PLEASE MAKE IT TO THE POSTER THAT ACTUALLY MADE IT. THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT WAS EXSTATIC AT GETTING ALL THE PARTS WITH IT AND BOLTS. AND THAT THE AXLE AND GEAR WAS IN GREAT AND LIKE NEW SHAPE. have a nice day also.:smile:

The point I'm trying to make boils down to:
1. Using the search function to come up with an average or fair price would have saved you the from attacks.
2. Going back and forth with board members in somewhat heated debates may not really a good practice to sell items because you have other options like Ebay, Craigslist, Racinjunk.com, etc.
3. Some will remember your screen name when you post for help in a technical manner, parts needed, of other things you attempt to sell.
4. As far a Barrett Jackson...I'd gather to say less that 10% of the members here agree with their pricing. So to reference them in pricing parts or cars in general is meaningless here for the most part.

This is not an attack toward you, just simple suggestions to make your interactions on the board a bit more enjoyable.
Thanks,
Jason

The point I'm trying to make boils down to:
1. Using the search function to come up with an average or fair price would have saved you the from attacks.
2. Going back and forth with board members in somewhat heated debates may not really a good practice to sell items because you have other options like Ebay, Craigslist, Racinjunk.com, etc.
3. Some will remember your screen name when you post for help in a technical manner, parts needed, of other things you attempt to sell.
4. As far a Barrett Jackson...I'd gather to say less that 10% of the members here agree with their pricing. So to reference them in pricing parts or cars in general is meaningless here for the most part.

This is not an attack toward you, just simple suggestions to make your interactions on the board a bit more enjoyable.
Thanks,
Jason
Understood. But the attacks were very juvinile and are not in the form of assistance.
1.I did search not only this site but many other turbo sites and others to see that many of the sold prices (over a 2 year period) were in the 700 up to over 1000 range. So I priced mine to see if someone would buy it or offer. I then immediatly got attacked which to surfice to say is not what this posting is for.
2. As for any help from the attackers, I would not need or want help from people that cannot be fair and nice like the guy who helped me on this thead. I have had good and bad experiances with people who I have bought from in this site. But I do not attack anyone that is fair, honest and NOT attacking ME.

3. Jason, I belive you are one of the GOOD people.

4. Barret-Jackson I know is an overrated $$$ price. But the guy was saying that no one would pay $$$$ for a GN today. I belive in the summer when the new FAST AND FURIOUS movie comes out with the GN as its featured car prices will jump dramaticly.

Again thanks Jason.
Ron

AGAIN WHERE IS THIS "LOOKS LIKE???????????????????" PLease use the quote button!!!!!!!!!!!. Because NO WHERE IS THERE THIS STATED!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE CLEAN YOUR SCREEN.

Here, read my quote below IN BOLD, then read it again....:

Notice I said "That one looks like it was well worn." In other words, that rear end looked like it was pulled from a high mileage car, then given a quick treatment of Krylon black, then put up for sale at top price. It did not look like a low mile rear end at all.

Yes I know you said "it's low mileage"....maybe it is....but rusty, spray bombed parts like that DON'T bring top dollar....which is what you were asking.

Again, glad to hear it sold.

Here, read my quote below IN BOLD, then read it again....:

Notice I said "That one looks like it was well worn." In other words, that rear end looked like it was pulled from a high mileage car, then given a quick treatment of Krylon black, then put up for sale at top price. It did not look like a low mile rear end at all.

Yes I know you said "it's low mileage"....maybe it is....but rusty, spray bombed parts like that DON'T bring top dollar....which is what you were asking.

Again, glad to hear it sold.

Understood. But as I have stated the previous owner did the paint job. I only know that the axle was a good one. all-be-it rusty, I included (as stated) all links, brakes, bars, bolts, lines, cables and hoses. If I only sold the axle housing and guts that would be a different story, do you not agree? also sorry for the misunderstanding. :redface: :eek: I thought you were stating I claimed it looked like a good one.:redface: :eek: