GTA wheel caps with power 6??

smokingunz

Do any of our vendors sell caps with the 6 on them? I have only found them on ebay and have no idea if they are garbage. I see Kirbans has nut/caps, I assume they will work? Suggestions please.

T

As long as the caps come with the steel inserts you're good. The set I run were bought off eBay with decals from a separate eBay seller and all is well.

Attachments

• buick gs nationals 2007 014.jpg
    buick gs nationals 2007 014.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 95
I jus contacted mark and he's making me a custom set of overlays for my center caps as well...

My car is a Turbo T and I asked he make me a set (for my Repro GTA wheels) with the silver tri-shields...same as the OEM on the factory installed T-Type Wheels. See picture...I believe he has done these before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Which BFG tires are you running? Size looks to be 245/50/16...yes? Asking as I am in the market for a new set.
Thanks

BFG G Force Sports.
Yes, 245 /50 ZR 16's on the front
& 255 / 50ZR 16's on the rear.

Only minor rubbing on front wheel wells at full lock.
No biggie.

Looks like most guys do the 245/front 255/rear combo. I see s few run the 275 toyo proxis. Maybe do a search!

BFG G Force Sports.
Yes, 245 /50 ZR 16's on the front
& 255 / 50ZR 16's on the rear.

Only minor rubbing on front wheel wells at full lock.
No biggie.
How are you rubbing? Does the front have aftermarket suspension? And what is the tire coming into contact with? I was under the impression with 245/50/16 on GTA spec wheels in the front on stock OEM '87 suspension was a non-issue in terms of rubbing. Help me out on this one as I don't want to ruin a concourse quality specimen because of something I overlooked.
Thanks and my apologies to the OP for the thread derail.

Last edited:
How are you rubbing? Does the front have aftermarket suspension? And what is the tire coming into contact with? I was under the impression with 245/50/16 on GTA spec wheels in the front on stock OEM '87 suspension was a non-issue in terms of rubbing. Help me out on this one as I don't want to ruin a concourse quality specimen because of something I overlooked.
Thanks and my apologies to the OP for the thread detail.
No worries, this is good info without wading through a million search results

Slight scuffing at the rear of the wheel well when full steering lock is introduced. No major damage.....been this way for the past 8 years and they are not even close to wearing thru. This is evident with Stock control arms (which I had on for years) & tubular fronts which are on the car now...makes no difference...they will still rub / scuff at full turn.

Next question for all of you is what center cap overlays do you like better, the orange/yellow or the silver 6? Opinions?