GTA Wheels

jlasinski

I have recently purchased my first turbo car a 1987 GN and with the car received a set of Trans Am GTA rims that I was told would fit on the car. I noticed that they have different offsets. How would this work on a GN and what size tires fit best with this arrangement? Thanks!

John Lasinski
1971 GS455 Convertible
1987 Grand National

Use the "search" feature. This topic has been pretty thoroughly discussed. Basically, if you have the two different offsets, you use the rears on the front, and the fronts on the rear, and use spacers as requied to keep the tires from rubbing. Fronts can be something like 245-50, and the rears can be larger, but it varies from car to car.

On the inside of the rim on the back it will say front or rear. Put the ones marked fronts on the rear and the ones marked rear on the front. Some people have had to use spacers in front some have not it may depend on how wide of a tire. The ones on the rear should be fine. I have 4 gta fronts and test fitted a 245-50 in the rear and had about .5 inch clearance from the frame which would be fine, anything wider you would want spacers in the rear. Dont know how big you can go up front. I have the gnx fender flares and have 4 gta fronts with 1.25 in spacers in front with 255 tires and 1.75 spacer in the rear with 265 tires to fill in the wheel wells.

I had 4 GTA fronts on my '85 GN and now have 'em on my '87 Turbo-T. Mounted 245-50-16 all around on the GN, and now have 245-50-16(front) & 255-50-16 Drag Radials with no rubbing problems. They'd fill the wheel wells better with spacers, but I don't feel like putting longer studs on it. Lots of good comments the way it sits! Easier than fronts/rears, but I guess alot of folks do it thata-way!

Managed to get another set of GTA wheels and mounted the (4) fronts with 245-50-16's and it looks great! Thanks for all your help everyone, John

Just got lucky. The guy gave me a set when I bought the car that needed to be refinished and I remembered a friend who had a GTA that took them off and I bought those too! I do have (3) rears that I am going to be selling that would work with some spacers the 4th is not usable. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks, John

does anyone have pics of a gn with (front) gta wheels on the rear and (rear) gta wheels mounted on the front with 1" spacers ?

I have spacers.

If anyone buys the rears I have some heavy duty spacers that came with my 4 fronts. Let me know.