Guess who has the worlds fastest single turbo Buick?

Congrats

Billy,

Congrats on an exciting development in the turbo buick racing world!

I've always been curious, how much aerodynamic work goes into a project such as yours? At such high MPH I'd think small changes could have some very big bang-for-the-buck effects, particularly with bricks such as ours.

How about an *interior* camera view for us fans next time you make a pass!

best,
Scott Scrivner

Originally posted by EightSecV6
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran only one full pass...Fighting the clutch we wound up with a 7.70 at 181.55 on the first full pass the car actually made. I have alot of "thank yous" coming soon, I finally broke Lawrence's record! we are very happy with the season closure and looking forward to spring. The worlds fastest single turbo Buick GN sits in my garage....WHOOO WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have any pics of the car???

To quote my friend Alan Whitter - "this is prolly going to be the first modern day turbo Buick in the sixes." A feat that hasn't been done since Buddy Ingersoll did it in 1988 (with a ~1900# Regal...with mechanical fuel injeciton)!

Now that we know how much it weighs I can start playing with the good ol' HP calculator.......

http://home.neo.rr.com/jturrin/calchp1.htm

According to this HP calculator Bill's car at 2570lbs running 7.70 @181.55mph is making 1112 HP at the rear wheels based on ET, 1200 HP at the rear wheels based on MPH, 1156 HP at the rear wheels based on average of ET & MPH, and 1301 Approx Engine HP (Aver. rear wheel HP * 1.125)....

Not bad for 22lbs of boost!:D Wonder what it would make with 30lbs or more?:eek:

To quote my friend Alan Whitter - "this is prolly going to be the first modern day turbo Buick in the sixes." A feat that hasn't been done since Buddy Ingersoll did it in 1988 (with a ~1900# Regal...with mechanical fuel injeciton)!

Scott,

I thought that the fastest Buddy went was 7.1 to 7.2 @ 198mph?
Is 1900lbs the real race weight of that car????