haltech engine management

A little experience with the older systems. System not as user friendly, but not any worse than a Gen 6 DFI. Used to be fine when they had a distributorship here in Dallas, Texas. However as I have found out recently any work that needs to be done has to be sent to Australia. I am about to send a box back a second time since they did not repair it right the first time. Maybe their fault, maybe my fault, but either way shipment cost to and from Australia ($40 to and $80 back with export duties) takes them out of my list of candidiates on future installs. That and the lack of support here in the states. I think the box you are refering to does not work on a Buick DIS system, only HEI style. Also the lack of a wideband is a negative. Cost is compareable with the other units out there. Basically unless you live down under I would look elsewhere.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

I agree, you would have a nightmare with tech support on an item like that.

i have never used any aftermarket engine managment systems before.so i am trying to find a good setup on a budget, the fast system is way out of my price range but this haltech looked to be more what i can spend on one.
thanks for the input on this.
what would you guys recomend? and price involved?

thanks keith

What is your combination of parts and how much do you want to spend? Steve davis has a gen6 dfi for sale in the parts for sale section ,this will get you started, but you will still have to spend for a wideband of some sort to get it tuned in without guessing!

highboost said:
i have never used any aftermarket engine managment systems before.so i am trying to find a good setup on a budget, the fast system is way out of my price range but this haltech looked to be more what i can spend on one.
thanks for the input on this.
what would you guys recomend? and price involved?

thanks keith

Give Cal Hartline a call. He periodically has used (perfectly good) F.A.S.T. systems in stock for a fair price. :)

George