Has anyone seen e-85 yet at the pump?

I found real E85 (tested 85%) this weekend at the HEB at Highway 290 and Barker Cypress in Houston for $2.82 a gallon. Only 1 mile farther from my house than the bad E85 station and 10 cents a gallon cheaper. I will have to change the tune since I been running E60. This has gotten me thinking about the E60 I had been getting. Assuming it was close to at least E70 at some point, where did the 10% ethanol go and what took its place?? Is it water? I noticed that the car made alot of water in the exhaust when running on the E60. Drips out of the exhaust tips and from the test pipe to exhaust flange (no gasket) when running. I will have to see if it still does this when I completely drain my current tank and re-fill with good E85. I am really glad I bought the tester. Had no idea that E85 was not really E85 all the time.

WTF? I just noticed E85 pumps on the Mass Pike. I almost got whiplash turning my head at 65 mph over the weekend when I saw a 3.33 gallon sign. plain regular was 3.80 at the time. Last I heard this stuff is baaaad for anything that burns gasoline? Im shocked to hear some of you have put it in your GNS? Time to reeducate myself on the subject.

WTF? I just noticed E85 pumps on the Mass Pike. I almost got whiplash turning my head at 65 mph over the weekend when I saw a 3.33 gallon sign. plain regular was 3.80 at the time. Last I heard this stuff is baaaad for anything that burns gasoline? Im shocked to hear some of you have put it in your GNS? Time to reeducate myself on the subject.

Your missing out !

The gas station near Logan airport sells e85... Good thing to know about it being sold on mass Pike. .

I found real E85 (tested 85%) this weekend at the HEB at Highway 290 and Barker Cypress in Houston for $2.82 a gallon. Only 1 mile farther from my house than the bad E85 station and 10 cents a gallon cheaper. I will have to change the tune since I been running E60. This has gotten me thinking about the E60 I had been getting. Assuming it was close to at least E70 at some point, where did the 10% ethanol go and what took its place?? Is it water? I noticed that the car made alot of water in the exhaust when running on the E60. Drips out of the exhaust tips and from the test pipe to exhaust flange (no gasket) when running. I will have to see if it still does this when I completely drain my current tank and re-fill with good E85. I am really glad I bought the tester. Had no idea that E85 was not really E85 all the time.
Thanks for the info. I hope it stays consistent as I usually get mine there anyhow. I haven't gotten a tester yet.

I've been reading up on the standards for E85 and what I've found is:
The main standard that everybody tries to adhere to for E85 makeup is ASTM D5798. It says that E85 must be between 52% and 85% ethanol, with the rest being "hydrocarbons". Pretty vague if you ask me, and also pretty loose with the ethanol standard. I mean, what if you found out your Bacardi 151 could be 90 proof???

I would be unhappy if there were hydrocarbons in my Bacardi! You should get a tester. They are cheap and easy to use. I would have never known the vast differences from pump to pump if I did not buy one. I will continue to fill up at HEB now and continue to test it. I will do some driving and tuning soon if it ever stops raining. Can't wait to take it to the track.

I would be unhappy if there were hydrocarbons in my Bacardi! You should get a tester. They are cheap and easy to use. I would have never known the vast differences from pump to pump if I did not buy one. I will continue to fill up at HEB now and continue to test it. I will do some driving and tuning soon if it ever stops raining. Can't wait to take it to the track.

Should run easy 10's

The gas station near Logan airport sells e85... Good thing to know about it being sold on mass Pike. .
Wish we would see it here in NH or even in the Lowell area.

Wish we would see it here in NH or even in the Lowell area.
Hey Pronto long time bud... I delivered a 4.8 ls engine to a guy over near Somersworth last year with a low 8 sec street driven C10 pickup 1970 ish that claimed to be running e85 he was buying locally at Irving Blue canoes , said 4 of them in NH had it , my searches and asking buddies to check area blue canoes came up with nothing but keep your eyes open , I stopped dabbling with e85 as Logan is a haul for me since I stopped working in Mass but if it came closer.....

Ya, I know of that guy. His truck is known to Al, infact Al was supposed to build that engine. Bailed when the owner kept changing his mind on what he wanted to build. He gave you a big bullshit story. No E85 in NH. I even called that station and they chuckled at the thought of them selling E85.

Define modification ... need 3 parts .. injectors .. fuel pump .. and a chip ... that's all
And maybe some fuel pump wiring if the car really is stock.... And maybe a volt booster for good measure.

But still, don't need much!