Has anyone tried this?

92 Z-28

UN-BOOSTED
Has anyone tried building a box below the rear window (the rear side window)? I am just trying to think of some ideas for my system.

Thanks,

Adam

I will be putting 2 12's in the back, so I would be putting my tweets, Mids, and 6 inch subs there.

So you want to put 6" subs in the area below the side back windows? I tried this a long time ago, never do it again. The 6" subs (actually midbass) will not contribute much back there - especially if you will have 2 12"'s behind the back seat. Kind of like trying to talk during a concert (what did you say???) . If anything, put them up front. Focus on building the best, loudest, cleanest front stage you can. Most of the real good systems have minimal if any rear speakers.

I will probably just get or make door pods, I am just trying to figure out what will sound best. Plus I dont want to wait months to get pods made, but if it comes to that I am sure it will be worth it.

speakers

The Richard Clark/Speakerworks GN had 12's there. I wouldn't do it myself but it can look good if done correctly.:D

I put 6X9's back there not much room a deeper 6X9 will hit. But anything is possible. I did a system way back with a 8".

using the metra adapter plate you can easily stick some 6x9s in the back.. and kicker and a few other companies have made free air 6x9" midbass' which work excellent for rear fill.. of course you could run any 6x9 and bandpass it if needed