Have a question about wheel fitment

03supercharged

Hey guys,

I am wanting to buy new wheels for my 85 regal and found a set of rims i like. I am wondering if i run a 275/60 tire on a 15x8 rim on the rear will a 3.75 backspacing work? Also if i run a 215/65 on a 15.7 rim with a 3.75 backspacing work on the front?

Any help will be great!

Thanks

It should work. Here's a pic of MT 275/60/15's mounted on the stock 7" GN rim with a 4" backspace.

Attachments

• tn_sssss.jpg
    tn_sssss.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 197
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, since i was laid off i never was able to buy rims. Anyone else have some insight if that would be a good combination or not?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Well, here's the deal.

275/60/15 with a 8" wheel, 4" BS seams to be the hot ticket and fit nice on most cars. However, Many cars have the rear end not centered. Mine was off 3/8" to the left, from the factory. My left tire rubbed the fender lip, while my right tire rubbed the frame rail. The fix was to get adjustable upper control arms and center the rear end. If you do this combo with only 3.75 BS, you'll most likely be rubbing the tires on the fender lips, unless you make a stinkbug out of it, Roll the lips, or grind them off. Air bags help too.

The 7" wheels up front, with the 3.75" BS should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Mike Barnard