Having a hot air car/ my experience this week end

bobs84ttype

I see many conversations that turn into " how do i convert to intercooled " . My car with a lot of work and detail and of course money, what nice car does not take money, was parked in the largest gathering of turbo buicks in the west. The Buicks at Bates nut farm event in souther californinia [see south west section for postings] the official count 50 turbo buicks.
My car received a lot of attention. it was the only hot air I saw, someone did mention there was one other but i missed it .
The perfomance of my car is right there with most street driven turbo buicks and it performed great on a 600 mile round trip thru the desert.
Don't give up on your hot air car. the intercooled guys drool on them when you bring them to the party...
have fun .....
Buick 1.jpg
Robert

I see many conversations that turn into " how do i convert to intercooled " . .
My car received a lot of attention. it was the only hot air I saw,
The perfomance of my car is right there with most street driven turbo buicks and it performed great on a 600 mile round trip thru the desert.
Don't give up on your hot air car. the intercooled guys drool on them when you bring them to the party...
have fun .....View attachment 224979 Robert

Bob, I fully understand exactly what you are saying. I too am usually the only Hot Air car around when I attend a Turbo Buick event. And as you stated, what most don't understand is that with a little work the performance is really close to our younger brothers that aren't all out strip cars. It also shows the rarity of our cars.

You are dead on correct. I am fortunate to live in the Chicagoland area. We have a gathering this weekend of over 100 Buick Turbo and 89 TTa. There will be as many TTA as there will be 84/85 Buicks-2.

I'm planning on having my hot air there next year. I missed having it this year since it's kinda hard to fix a blown head gasket with a broken collar bone.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm planning on having my hot air there next year. I missed having it this year since it's kinda hard to fix a blown head gasket with a broken collar bone.

Where are you located? There are a lot of people around Chicagoland that can help you a lot.

I'm in bakersfield CA about 3 hours north of Bates. Next few months just stocking up on new parts so it'll be like Christmas when I'm healed.

Might bring mine next year