Head Stud leaks after installation

Steve, I have ARP head studs on the engine in our Monte SS.
When I assembled it, I used that gooey red high tack style sealant as that is what I had best luck with in the past. We have put probably about 1,000 miles on it so far and it runs good, has no coolant in the oil. What I did notice when I had it up on the lift a few weeks back was a dried trail of some liquid running from below the passengerside cylinder head to the oil pan. I have been keeping an eye on it and have not seen any other leaks. But that is the most I can report with the use of head studs. I have used them on other Ford and Chevy engines with good results. DO you have them on any of your cars?

Yes, have them on one of my cars and have used them on sbc/bbc's. I have never had a problem.

I always let the rtv set over night....when I use it on the intake, etc. The teflon works very well, but it also requires some cure time. I used to use the Permatex Aviation sealer...but, once you knock a can of that on to the floor when it is open, you will always hate it! :)

All this talk about sealants begs another question:
What happens to your torque readings when you use something other than liquid teflon on the studs?
Liquid Teflon uses a form of Cyanoacrylate for a binding and hardening agent to set itself up.
But it acts as a lubricant for torqueing the fasteners.
Does the use of say RTV change the required torque readings?
BTW,even RTV requires *some* curing time.