Header Panel Removal?

0-60n4

My header panel, the upper nose body part in front of the hood and above the grille, needs some repair and painting. Mine is fiberglass. Where they fiberglass originally or do I have an aftermarket one? It looks like it had the hole for hood emblem and it was attempted to fill it in and the paint has bubbled up in that area.

I'm trying to decide if I need to take the entire car to a body shop and leave it (which would prefer not to) or if I can easily remove the header panel and just take it to the body shop.

What's involved n removing it?

My header panel, the upper nose body part in front of the hood and above the grille, needs some repair and painting. Mine is fiberglass. Where they fiberglass originally or do I have an aftermarket one? It looks like it had the hole for hood emblem and it was attempted to fill it in and the paint has bubbled up in that area.

I'm trying to decide if I need to take the entire car to a body shop and leave it (which would prefer not to) or if I can easily remove the header panel and just take it to the body shop.

What's involved n removing it?
Remove the bumper, lower fillers, headlamp bezels, headlamps, grille, then you can loosen the bolts that hold it to the fenders. There are two nuts on long studs more in the middle that hold it to the radiator support and one bracket that bolts under the grille to the exact middle of the support. Finally four bolts hold the metal bracket of the header to the top of the radiator support. Fairly easy to do.

I wouldn't call it "fairly easy to do" :) but thanks to your instructions I got it done. Thanks, without your help I don' think I would have attempted it. That's what makes this forum so great! Now off to the body shop for paint while the front mount intercooler goes in.

I believe most people fill the hole with epoxy. Over time, bondo type fillers crack etc. Just 2 cents worth.