Heater Core

VuickB6

Got V6?
How hard is it to change the heater core in a TTA? Mine is leaking and I just bypassed it for now. I know winter will be here soon and the heater will become a must!

I check with a local mechanic and he says his Mitchell says 10 hours. So, I am guessing that it is not going to be easy like my GN was.

Thanks for any info

Yep, true......approx. 8-10 hours. The dashboard must be removed.

:eek: :eek: :eek: you drive the TTA during the winter?

I was able to get to my Iroc's core by loosening the dash. Took off top pad, loosened up all the bolts I could see on passenger side, lowered passsenger side insulation panel, and I was able to get to the core. It took me about 3 hours and got numberous cuts and scrapes in the process. Pretty sure it's the same deal in the TTA.

Well,

Winter here in my town near LA in California isn’t really like winter in most other parts of the states or world for that. It doesn’t ever snow, nor does it really get to far below freezing. It does however get cold enough for my thin skin to need and want a nice warm heater. Heh

Originally posted by VuickB6
Well,

Winter here in my town near LA in California isn’t really like winter in most other parts of the states or world for that. It doesn’t ever snow, nor does it really get to far below freezing. It does however get cold enough for my thin skin to need and want a nice warm heater. Heh

Sorry, my fault....didn´t read where you where from!:cool:

This job is long, but there is no way in hell it should take 10hours! I remember a few years ago when I had an 88 formula my heater core went, and I bipassed it as well. I actually held out till the middle of novemer, and I'm in NY! Until one night I was driving around and it was sub-25 and I had no gloves, my hands were blue and I could barely turn the wheel hehe. I had the job done after that, I don't remember the exact amount of hours, but it was a few around 3-4 maybe 4.5 but no more than that. I would have remembered if it was 10, because I wouldn't have let anyone do it if they charged me for 10. You should go to a different mechanic. Good luck.

I agree-3-4 hours is right.

I'm no great mechanic, but that's about how long it took me. My hands were very scaped up and my neck hurt afterwards., otherwise it was easy.

Dave