Heater Problem

Chatmanboy

Not getting heat! Blows but doesnt warm up nor do air come through the front vents?! Just threw the defrost vents... Any solutions?

Check both heater lines and see if they're hot. If they are then the blend door lever is probibly broken.

blend door lever? where thats located?

At the blending chamber. :D:tongue:
Look at the white plastic lever behind the glove box.
If you look under the dash, glove box side towards the middle, you will see it.

Is the vacuum hose connected to the vacuum switch behind the heat shield at the turbo/firewall?

yes the vaccum hose is connected to the heater valve behind the turbo. im going to check out the lever thing right now

Yup you guys are right it is broken, so how do i fix it? Also do you guys know why air wouldnt come through the front vents? When i more the controls it doesnt change at all, could it be electrical?

Yup you guys are right it is broken, so how do i fix it? Also do you guys know why air wouldnt come through the front vents? When i more the controls it doesnt change at all, could it be electrical?

Can't remember the fix . . . Do a search.

I found that the front vents are slow to activate. Takes some vacuum. If they don't activate at all, look into the selector switch. It is vacuum controlled and needs to see vacuum. If you have any type of vac leak in this area, it will not work.

Kind of difficult to locate anymore. Last one I saw cost about $25. May still have one on the shelf. Did you try the bone yard? Standard G body piece.

Attachments

• blend door lever.jpg
    blend door lever.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 108
IMAG0134.jpg

alright will have to go check it out at a bone yard. as far as the vaccum for the vents i dont believe im getting any. Also the thing behind the glove box with the main vac line running to it has "no vaccum at all"...

Also on the passenger fender wall... there were two free plastic vaccum hoses and i only have one lose coming from the acuator if thats whats its called.... know where they go?
IMAG0138.jpg

ok found out the problem vaccum hose were wrong. so i ran the hose from the vac box on the passenger side by the fender wall to the throttle body. and now i need to know what vaccum line runs to the heater control valve???