Hello all

Dan Ferraro

I would have posted this in the "introductions forum", but I could not find it. Maybe I'm blind or maybe it's really not here. :confused:

Anyways, I just joined the forum. One of your members asked us to take a look over here at possibly becoming a supporting vendor and building down pipes.

A little history about me. I own and operate a small custom exhaust shop in Kent, WA. We specialize in headers, exhaust and intake systems. We mandrel bend and custom fabricate. We have been supporting the 94 - 96 Impala SS niche market since 99.

My first car in life was a 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I hadn't even had my drivers license a year when I purchased it. At the time I knew nothing about cars other than my girlfriend wanted me to have one. LOL

After driving into just about everything moving or standing still, on and off the road, I began to dress up the exterior. In 87 the Monte SS was hot and lots of owners were blacking them out with window tint, head light covers, adding chrome rims, etc.

I was driving around one night and pulled up next to what I first thought was another Monte SS. The guy driving the car was revving his engine and inching forward. I figured what the heck, I'll race him... Light turned green and as I stomped the gas, I watched his tail lights getting further and further away. Last thing I remember seeing was the very different Grand National emblem on the trunk lid. From that point on I made it my job to find out what the heck had just left me sitting at the light. hence my love of these cars.

I learned real quick I could have purchased a new Grand National for just $3500.00 more than I bought my Monte SS. I have been kicking myself ever since.

Anyways, I just wanted to tell my story and let everyone know I am here as a "potential" supporting vendor to make parts for a car I have always wanted, loved and have never managed to have...

My PR rep, Beth, has also been participating on your forum and she has brought a few things to my attention. So I wanted to join and be able to get involved with the discussions.

As a business, we look forward to working with and for you all.
As an individual, I can't wait to have the local community/club(s), come and visit the shop and take me for a very long awaited ride...

I have another story about my first experience with a GNX, but I'll save that for another time. In a nutshell, the back of his car looked to be in perfect shape. :) That was 22 years ago and I'll never forget that experience...

Comments and replies are welcome.

Sincerely,
Dan Ferraro
Clear Image Auto

Welcome. Stick around, you'll like it here. Just know from the get-go that Shane is very protective of his supporting vendors and you can bet that if you choose to be one here you will be treated right as well. I also thank you for considering making parts for our cars. It is a niche market and any new quality products are very welcome.

No problem with that attitude at all. I belong to another forum where I am a supporting vendor and nothing is monitored. I have to compete with EBAY, every guy and his brother who builds parts in their garage, every over-sees manufacturer, etc. If things keep up the way they are it wont even be worth staying on that forum.

So far this forum looks like a great community of members, vendors and admin who respect each other.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome, Dan, to TurboBuick.com, & the Turbo Lounge is as good place as any for introductions. You shouldn't find any of the problems encountered at the other forum here. Shane & JayC ensure that things like that are not done over here. Might want to post in in the Pacific Northwest section of the forum. I am sure that you will be well received.

Hi Gary,
thanks very much. We have made a few posts in the NW section. I'm still playing catch-up trying to see exactly what parts have been dis-continued and figure out if we can produce something for you all.

I think we are going to send an invite out to the local club. Maybe do a tech section on header/exhaust design, flow, etc. I'm open to pretty much anything that will bring a couple of you guys down with some cars. :)

Welcome. We are always looking for quality supporting vendors:) I would also like to see what impala ss products you carry.

Dan:
Contact Shane Grimsley, or >SGRIM< on a PM, he will take good care of you. Glad to see that you are looking into being a Supporting Vendor / Supplier.