hello and a few questions...

rookie_LC2

the name is...DOOmass
Hey y'all, just became a member.

I just purchased an '87 Buick T, but have been an admirer for a long time now. My questions focus around brakes. I have heard different opinions from people at swap meets and shows about the Powermaster brake booster on these cars. Some have said its fine as long as the 'combination valve' or 'gray switch' recall has been completed. Others say to replace it with a hydrolic brake booster.
What are some opinions on this? Has anyone replaced their powermaster with another unit?
Any response would be helpful. I basically wish to use this car as a driver, and brakes are an area which I don't wish to be a high maintenance area.
Thanks a bunch!

Alot of info in the archives on this (try the search button, top right of page)

The opinions vary...I changed mine over to vacuum because it was starting to have problems and i didn't want the problems to get major at an inopertune moment.

I like the feel of the vacuum brakes alot better than the powermaster as well.

The Worst thing about the Powermaster system is it can fail with NO warning leaving you with little braking power when you least expect it.

i switched over to vacuum after i went through 3 powermaster systems a variuos other problems.i wouldnt think twice if i had to do it over again.no more headaches , and a lot more money in my wallet.:D