Hello from a new person!

Beth

Palm Trees > Snow
Hey guys! I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello. I'm in Kent, Wash. and I love these cars. I don't currently own one (someone want to take pity on a poor college grad and donate one lol) but would love too and am interested to learn more. Not sure where the intro forum is so I thought I would drop a line here.

I work in a custom exhaust shop (domestic of course!), we specialize in headers, exhaust and intake systems (Clear Image Automotive), and I also do freelance PR work for an motorcycle company. So, that's me. Hi!

Grab a beer, and go here:

Turbo Regal Web Site

read until your eyes explode. Get them fixed, and read some more.

Oh, and if your post is spam, expect it to be nuked- trolls get hammered pretty hard around here.

welcome to the turbobuick forum, like Southern Cal GN says...Grab a cold one and start reading.

Yes, read, read, read, and then read some more. When you get ready to purchase make sure you run the pro's con's past these guys and they should be able to help you out a lot. There are a lot of members up in wershington, and hopefully one of them can go look at the car(s) with you. Good luck. :biggrin:

Thank you!

Thanks for the welcome and the tips guys, I appreciate it. Yeah, unfort. I'm a long way off from owning one of these, but someday...until then, I'll enjoy yours!:cool:

A question:

MySpace.com - Beth of Clear Image Auto - 23 - Female - KENT, Washington - www.myspace.com/clearimageautomotive

Do you really have an interest in learning about these cars, or is your interest more of the PR stuff for Clear Image?

Not trying to be an ass, but gauging your honesty. If your interest is the GN/TRs, you'll find this place the most user friendly bunch of car nuts around that, for the most part, will bend over backwards to help you buy, understand, tune, and race the car you get. In this area, there are quite a few of us- Geno, Ken (turbofabricator), Dan, myself, and others- welcome to the nuthouse!

A question:

MySpace.com - Beth of Clear Image Auto - 23 - Female - KENT, Washington - www.myspace.com/clearimageautomotive

Do you really have an interest in learning about these cars, or is your interest more of the PR stuff for Clear Image?

Not trying to be an ass, but gauging your honesty. If your interest is the GN/TRs, you'll find this place the most user friendly bunch of car nuts around that, for the most part, will bend over backwards to help you buy, understand, tune, and race the car you get. In this area, there are quite a few of us- Geno, Ken (turbofabricator), Dan, myself, and others- welcome to the nuthouse!

I am glad you asked. I don't want to mislead any of you (not honest PR!). And the answer is....both! We honestly love these cars very much. Someone mentioned the need for a dp and Dan freaked out he was so excited. He's wanted to get involved w/ the GN's since day one.

But whether we can help any of you or not, or provide something you need, the passion for the GN is real. This has been Dan's favorite car since he got smoked by one (driven by a then considered elderly couple as he was 18) in his v8 TransAm. I am new to the car industry (my back ground is motorcycles) so I am still learning and have a lot to learn, which is why I am here. And frankly, these cars are so freakin cool. So wow, that was a bit long winded. But does that answer your question?

PS. If we can provide something for you guys we'll look into becoming a vendor!

Absolutely. Appeciate your candor. You do realize, of course, that once the siren song of the turbo 6 gets into your blood, there is no turning back........:biggrin:

Put Turbo Thunder on your calendar for next summer- great place to watch (or run your car).

Turbo Thunder? Where and when is that? And I am already finding I'm addicted...have you guys seen life the show? The main character gets his hands on a blk 87 and it's awesome!!!

I knew I knew that name.. Clear Image does B-Body stuff. If we are nice to you, how about a discount on exhaust and cold air intake systems?? :D So where are the new offices? Still in the valley?

Welcome to the dark side.

welcome,I think my brother may of said something to Dan about a dp for my car when you guys were installing exhaust on his impala.It is candy brandywine and has 20" budniks.Keep reading.Lots of info on the message boards.

Turbo Thunder? Where and when is that? And I am already finding I'm addicted...have you guys seen life the show? The main character gets his hands on a blk 87 and it's awesome!!!

Turbo Thunder is THE event you must attend. A bunch of grand nationals, turbo regals, turbo trans am, syclone, typhoon, other turbo domestics come out and play on the quarter miler. Happens every year around the middle of July. Recent events have been at Bremerton raceways, but potentially it may move to Pacific Raceways - Seattle in 2009. Watch for posts in this section.

Happy Thurs

I knew I knew that name.. Clear Image does B-Body stuff. If we are nice to you, how about a discount on exhaust and cold air intake systems?? :D So where are the new offices? Still in the valley?

Welcome to the dark side.

Still in the valley.

welcome,I think my brother may of said something to Dan about a dp for my car when you guys were installing exhaust on his impala.It is candy brandywine and has 20" budniks.Keep reading.Lots of info on the message boards.

Yup, that is us all right!

Turbo Thunder is THE event you must attend. A bunch of grand nationals, turbo regals, turbo trans am, syclone, typhoon, other turbo domestics come out and play on the quarter miler. Happens every year around the middle of July. Recent events have been at Bremerton raceways, but potentially it may move to Pacific Raceways - Seattle in 2009. Watch for posts in this section.

Really? Cool! I know the promoter at SIR so I'll make sure to keep an eye on that. And I'm sure I'll have millions of ?s as I read so be prepared!!!! And thank you for such a wonderful welcome! Oh and check out these pics. This is how much we love the GNs (esp. the GNX). Here was Dan's tribute before the car got stripped in the old shop parking lot.

http://clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/Dans1995ImpalaSS/GNXVentsRight.jpg
http://clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/Dans1995ImpalaSS/GNXVents.jpg

Beth - welcome to the site.... Since you know the promoter down there at Pacific Raceways - any chance of talking him into giving Turbo Thunder a good date i.e no rain. :biggrin:

Stay tuned next year as the date gets closer - you'll see Dan start talking some good trash talk to his arch street-tire equipped rival from Renton - Josh. :)

Mike - The official 'north-end' parts store of the 'TurboSlacker' racing team.:cool:

Beth - welcome to the site.... Since you know the promoter down there at Pacific Raceways - any chance of talking him into giving Turbo Thunder a good date i.e no rain. :biggrin:

Mike - The official 'north-end' parts store of the 'TurboSlacker' racing team.:cool:

A no rain day huh? Well sure, I can work on that, if you do some anti-rain dances and we move the race to SoCal lol. You'd have better luck trying to make a Geo Metro a ten sec. car than have a nonrain day in WA!