Help-car will not start after rebuild

darb

Just had the engine rebuilt and got around to firing it up. It turns over and will fire for maybe 2-3 seconds then just dies. Had the computer moded for 72# injectors and using the extender extreme chip. Everything else seems to right. Used a caspers cam setting tool. Not sure if I should've done that but.... I'm thinking that it has something to do with the computer or chip. I have the settings correct on the Trans plus. Any suggestions are welcomed. If there is any other info you need to maybe help, let me know. Thanks

Brad

Hey Darb,
Got your private email but I went to respond and your email box is full. Couple of things to check on the translator +. All dip switches set to on. Ensure the service engine soon light comes on before start-up and remains on (does not blink rapidly). I typically like to break a motor in the first 20 minutes with stock computer, stock MAF and a chip cut for those injectors to eliminate any trans + issues. I am assuming your cam sensor is setup correctly also.? I have a stock 72# chip cut to break a motor in so if your in need of a quick solution this could work. Let me know..

Mike Banas
87GN
mbanas@triad.rr.com

If it's starting and dieing, make sure you don't have the security feature of your chip turned on.

The security feature shouldn't be on, the chip is brand new, unused. Would it come already with the security feature in the "on" without me turning it on?

Originally posted by darb
The security feature shouldn't be on, the chip is brand new, unused. Would it come already with the security feature in the "on" without me turning it on?

Yes it is on went through the same thing for my first startup,look @ the instructions and turn off the antitheft mode for the chip...

HTH

yes its on i did this yesterday after we installed an extender extreme with anti-thef feature in it and found out the hardway that it comes on from factory, turn off the security feature, read up on it i wont say how to do it here because thiefs could read it, that should solve your problem..

Same problem

My ecm was reset. I think I have the same problem, however, I am going through my extender chip/t-plus instructions yet I cannot seem to find a clear description on how to disarm it. One thing I did notice is that I can pump the gas pedal rapidly and still barely keep it going. Does this seem to be the antitheft? Could anyone PM me or email me the proper procedure for disarming???

Scott