Help! Hard start problem...

alwndup

The last couple of weeks I've had a few gremlins. The last one to find is a hard start problem. It always starts better cold, and it's a real bear when it's hot. I've swapped cam sensors with a known good one. I haven't had a meter handy to do a good adjustment on it, so I've had to just wing it. It starts better after an adjustment, but after cool down and getting it hot again, I'm back to the same problem. I've swapped MAF, coil pack, module, chip, & adjusted the IAC and TPS. It seems to idle great and runs good hot or cold. I've run out of ideas. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Watch your fuel pressure after you turn the car off. If it drops rapidly (like 0 after 10-20 minutes), then you likely have a leaky injector that is puddling fuel in a cylinder and wetting a plug. That would cause a hard start "hot". It evaporates overnight so a "cold" start would basically be unaffected by it.

I had the same exact problem a couple years back. I was still running the factory stock injectors and had a leaky one or more. I swapped them out with some new 30#ers and the problem disappeared. I would bet it's your injectors... Good luck

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you're right. A couple other subtle clues point to that being a problem. Now to find replacements....