Help Identifying Part

Rare91

Currently getting ready to reinstall my Zimmerman built 109. While cleaning up the remaining parts I came across these 2 shields. The left is the starter shield, but I can't remember where the right shield goes. Please help.

Picture002.jpg

Not 100% sure from this angle but it looks like the shield that goes behind the turbo, bolts up by the turbo bracket and the passenger side valve cover. Protects the rubber line that leads from the valve cover to the turbo inlet bell (stock "breather" setup).

breathershield.gif

The one on the right bolts to the back of the passenger side head.It is a heat shield for the wires that go from the main wiring harness down to the starter.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I can now see how it's supposed to bolt back up. Unfortunately the RJC head clamps cause an interference, so some thought will have to go into reattaching this thing back on.

Only one of my cars has the small heat shield,my 86 doesn't have one.As long as your wires aren't too close to the downpipe or crossover pipe it's probably not really necessary.

Well I guess we'll see how well this ceramic coating helps in keeping the heat down. While the engine was being rebuilt I had a friend bead blast and coat my factory headers and cross over. Here's a current shot of my progress.

Picture001.jpg