Help me price my TTA

Hi, I have had my 1989 T-Top, Leather, TTA since 1998, I bought the car from the original owner in Florida with 144,000 miles and in rough shape. The Florida sun pretty much killed the leather interior and the paint was pretty dull. I have since done alot of restoring including replacing the leather seats and steering wheel with good used parts, the console was falling apart so I bought a new one and leather shift handle from GM. I had the head liner and visors replaced with aftermarket parts when the car was repainted, along with all new weather stripping, a new GM front nose(spider cracks in original) and also a new fiberglass replacement rear spoiler. The car now has about 170,000 miles on it, and the motor and transmission have been rebuilt about 5000 miles ago. In the process I have also added about 6 thousand dollars worth of add ons and performance parts, I think most of them are listed in my signature. Now I know not to expect anything close to the amount of money I have in it, and I know the high mileage is a downfall. But what is a fair asking price for a strong running, nicely modded, good looking driver? $10k?, $12k?, less?

Thanks, Gary
Bucket 070.jpg
IMAG0115.jpg

Sure does look nice, post some interior pics. I wouldn't go less than $10k. 12k seems very fair with new paint, motor AND transmission......

That's it? One persons imput of the cars value with over a hundred views? I'm not asking anyone to buy it, or even trying to sell it. Well, not right this moment anyhow, but am considering placing it for sale this spring. Was a time when I thought nothing but about this car, as I have mentioned I have owned it since 1998. I had been wanting one as long as I can remember before I bought this one. Heck, I even remember pipe dreaming, going down to the local dealer and test driving a left over in 1990, only to realize the monthly payment was way over my budget. But, anyway, I really don't drive the car anymore and could use the money for something else. Just trying to get an idea of what to ask for it when it comes time to advertise it.

Thanks, Gary

I think you were in the ballpark. You could probably get 10 grand for it. My advice is to wait out the soft market if you can because now is not the time to sell. Low mile cars are selling for less then 20K.

Looks real nice, makes me wish I had kept my 20k mile "stocker" I sold in 2005 for 14k :eek:.... bit thats all they were worth back then... sad to say.

I think you were in the ballpark. You could probably get 10 grand for it. My advice is to wait out the soft market if you can because now is not the time to sell. Low mile cars are selling for less then 20K.

Thanks for reply, when you say wait for the market to get better, do you mean for spring or summer? Or are you talking maybe a few years?

As the economy gets better the market will get better for these cars...so it will be a few years at the rate we are going as long as the overall market doesn't stumble again. When people start having some disposable income it will come up in value. Market is saturated with these cars, I know 3 people ready to sell their TTA this spring already.

Looks like you have a nice clean TTA despite the high miles. Most people looking for these cars are looking for clean all original stockers. Those cars have been selling pretty cheap these days. The ATR car that had under 2000 miles sold for under $20K. If you do find someone that is looking for a TTA that has been driven, well cared for and has some tasteful mods, you may be able to get between $8500 - $10K,(a fw similar to yours but with a bit less miles have sold on here recently in that range), but I think you will have a gard time to bring in more than that. The other thing you will have to deal with is all the people that want/wish they could have one wasting your time with lowball offers if you price it in the above $10K range. There is value in not wasting time with tire kickers. I learned that the hard way while selling my silver T. I had every tom, dick, & harry coming to look at the car, making offers on the car that were ridiculous and wasting many beautiful weekends dealing with bozos that couldn't afford a stick of gum let alone a nice turbo buick. My point is you may want to price it on the aggressive side so as not to deal with people looking to waste your time. I think salvaging your time and a quick deal if and when you are ready to sell is worth at leat $500 - $1000. So my personal opinion (which doesn't count for much) is price under $10K if you want to move it and don't be afraid to take a few hundred less if it will move the car quick. You seem to have a very nice car and I'm sure there is a buyer for it somewhere. Good luck with the sale if and when you decide to do so.

Thanks for all the input, I agree with you about the lowballers waisting your time wanting to get it for next to nothing. I would rather let it sit than give it away. Maybe if I make a few small improvements I will enjoy the car and use it more. It just seems when I walk out the door and am looking to go fom point a to b, the car always gets passed by for my Chevrolet Avalanche which is so much nicer for commuting in. You may laugh, but one of my biggest gripes about the car is no cup holder, and really no easily reached storage from the drivers seat. Having to keep a drink between my legs while I drive or reach across the car to get my phone or cigarettes out of the map pocket are a pain in the ass. I just seem to like my truck better because everything seems to have a place in the console. I know that sounds stupid, but I think those are some of the reasons I don't really drive it that much. Don't get me wrong, there is no substitute for when you wanna go for a ride with the t-tops out, and the awesome tire smoking on command ability. Idk, maybe I'm getting old. Lol.

You should probably keep it under your hat that the car is smoked in. It is a definite deal breaker for some. Hold on to the car. You are going to get killed in this market.

Put it up on flea bay with a 18k reserve and see where it goes. If not part it out and really piss people off:D. Like stated above the market sucks. Ignore lowballers. Its still a real Tta. I second
telling people the car was not smoked in. I hate getting in cars people smoke in.

Damn, didnt think the smoking was that big a deal. Is there really that much of a smell difference from smoking cigarettes in the car, compared to a monster tire smokin' burnout? Lol.
TTA_Burnout.jpg

I think $10k is a fair price that will actually move the car.. friend just picked up a t-top leather 2 owner with 24k on it for $17k... guy was asking $21.5k there's just not alot of people looking for toy like they were 5 years ago.. good luck, id'a bought it but i picked up an '89 GTA with 67k on it (2 owner) i am doing an LS swap in....

Are you putting this car up for sale as mentioned in earlier posts? I too am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh, in New Castle, PA. Just wondering if the car was for sale. If so, please feel free to contact me via email at CDSTAHLMAN2002@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks,
Chris

Are you putting this car up for sale as mentioned in earlier posts? I too am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh, in New Castle, PA. Just wondering if the car was for sale. If so, please feel free to contact me via email at CDSTAHLMAN2002@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks,
Chris

Oh duh, I'm not NE I'm SE of Pittsburgh, I live in Greensburg and work in Murrysville. Anyway, the car currently is not for sale, was just trying to get an idea of its value if I would think of selling. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead anyone.