help me with this thing

jadams

ok here it is i adjusted the tv cable the way gnttype said to . and now it wont shift unless you give it a good bit of gas and let off then it shifts . it also wont shirt at wot from 2nd to drive . what do yous think it is

thanks jason

nope that wasnt it . i think she died today on the way home. and i sold my hot air for this

jason

Push the 'D' release 'button' on the d/s of the cable in and push/pull the entire assembly until you have 6 ribs showing out the back side [from the bracket] towards the firewall. This'll get you in the ballpark. Each click towards the firewall will make the car shift later and harder, and of course the opposite aplies if you move it toward the rad.
HTH
Jim
PS: What the hell do you mean "it died"??? what died, the tranny, the car..your cat?

On my car six clicks is the max it will go, so if you cant feel it shift there you have some real tranny probs. Mine is starting to get weak also I think, because at five clicks I can feel anything and it will hardly go into o/d:mad:

ok here the thing i take the tranny pan off today to see if there was anything wrong that i could see. one of the sensers in the tranny the bolt had come undone and the senser had come out of the hole . the senser is in the front of the trans . its the one that says red and black on it . do you think it could of mess some thing up . so i pushed it up in the hole and put the bolts back in. then i did very thing gnttype says to do so i can drive it .and it still wont shift from 2nd to drive . but it will goin in drive ever now an again but i have to rev. the motor up and 2nd will start to slip and then when i let go of the gas it will go in drive sometimes.

thanks for the help guys
jason

Sounds like band problems...Mine acted very similar to what I think you're describing when the band took a dump twice in 2 weeks(first time lasted a week to the day).
If it is the band and you drive it slipping or you'll tear up the drum and have to replace it too.
Replacing the band is not something you can fix in the car. Gonna have to pull it and take to a shop unless you know how to do it.