help, my 86 turbo regal will not prime after engine rebuild! can u help?

ttypelee

i rebuilt the bottom end o f my 86 3.8 turbo motor(spun rod bearing) repalced the rod, new bearings, new oil pump, all new gaskets, had a b&m shift kit installed in the transmission and an orange stripe 3000 stall converter. when i put everything back together i tried priming the oil pump by putting oil in the top oil line and running the pump in reverse then forward and nothing happened. i have tried this a couple of times. and i have replaced the gears and gaskets 3 or 4 times. I also replaced the piston rings,head gaskets, rod bolts and head bolts with arp's. iam lost completely, i cant even get oil pressure to read on the gauge, but i can hear it sucking air while iam spinning it.from the cam sensor location.
any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,lee

Make sure the oil pick-up tube is secure and then maybe repack the gears with vasoline and try again.

Jeff

Did you check the timing cover gasket .where the hole feeds.Pick up tube tight.It takes a while to start pumping oil.Both gears in?
Sorry ..............repack with vaseline

Did you pack the oil pump gears with grease before putting the cover on?Thats what I do and its primes almost instantly.