Help, My car got KEYED

Originally posted by zam70

NOW, there are certain insurance companys that are no pay or slow pay...most INS co. do not fall into that category.

Hey Zam, I know what your saying here. We have a few companies we do battle with here as far as getting paid in a timely manner when the repair has been made. cough.. Farmers.. cough. :D A new policy we have adapted, we don't release the car until we have payment or authorization. It's kind of ammusing to see the customers get on the phone and scream at the insurance co. for not sending money yet because they want their car. :)

Insurance Companies

Most insurance companies are a bunch of low-life, scum sucking, chiesling weasles whose main objective is to screw the policy holder at every chance they get. They will do anything to avoid paying a claim. I hope you don't get a cancelation notice or a notice of non-renewal. I had All*state for over 20 years. Paid all bills ahead of time. Made three claims 2 for wind damage and one for a burglary. They cancelled me telling me on the phone "I'm sorry we're just not making any money on you." The bunch of blood sucking scum bags left me without insurance on my house without as much as a day's warning. The Insurance Commission in my state are a bunch of nose picking bureaucrats who are barely literate and are totally in bed with the industry. They are totally useless.

Rhunt,
Good God Man, let me know what you really think. :eek:
I can understand your frustrations but my situation has not gotten to that point yet. I will admit it was a bit of a pain in the a$$. Hopefully the situation will finish without a hitch. I can't wait to get the car back.

Keep the Faith:)

I have a little advise for you, I have been in body work for 19 yrs. and know a little about what goes on in a lot of shop's. I have owned my own shop since 1997. To ensure you that your car is being done right, either check on it frequently or ask the shop owner to take pictures after car has been stripped for repaint so you will have proof incase later on you decide to sell the car you may show whoever is interested in it the pictures of the step's the shop took to do the repairs. ( I know you intend on keeping it but this would keep the shop owner from hiding anything or thinking you were just wanting pictures to make sure HE DID IT RIGHT) Request bare metal pictures, Body with etching primer pictures, Body with sandable urethane primer (NOT LAQUER PRIMER!) A lot of shops still use the pretty much extinct laquer primer to speed up production and it will not hold up! The actual paint will be your choice wheather it be single stage which is what the car came out with or base coat clear coat. I don't know if it would affect the value any of our GN's using base clear or not but when I do mine I am going back with a single stage because I think it is more of an original look.(SINGLE STAGE WILL NOT LAST AS LONG) This will be a choice you will have to make. Hope this help's. Sorry for your bad luck.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dean

Dean,

Thanks for the advise, I have the digital camera all ready. I plan to visit once a week, take photos and ask a lot of questions. It's a lot of money and I want to make sure it's done right. I will be talking to him after the holidays to determine which paint to go with and I believe he mentioned the two part lasting longer. Decisions decisions. Again thanks for the advise and I'll be posting pictures as the job progresses. I just want it as deep and black as it can get.

First post with acceptable outcome :)

I've read scores of similar posts with under insured cars. This is one of the very few that have turned out the way they should have. Its because you had the good sense to get a Stated Value policy.

Some woman driver in a 1 ton, crew cab 4X4 hit my 87 TR Ltd (one of 1037) Buick while she was exiting her parking place.....

American Family Insurance Stiffed me for a real $3000 loss when I sold the car :( I'll pass that bit of info on for many years. They strung me along for eight months and just stopped talking to me....They have an office a block away from me....Very Tempting target in the dark :)