Help my GN

K

karkid

I cant get my car running right and I dont know what it is. For some reason the stock turbo is making 20#s with a stock wastegate, and its running really ****ty. Anyone have any clues?

First of all, do not go WOT, wide open throttle, at 20 lb boost. You will have more than an overboost problem. At those boost levels on pump gas, it is hurting the engine, detonating, and the computer is retarding the timing. Could be something simple like adjusting the wastegate actuator. Kind of need to know some more about the car. Is it stock?

If the rod that connects to the wastegate on the turbo is adjustable, make it longer and that will lower your boost, but not so long that the wastegate is loose and there is no boost. Your Y hoses for the turbo may be heat rotted and causing the overboost also.

I see you are new on the board and probably just got your license. At your location, I bet there is a TR club over near the St. Louis area. They could give you some quick help at a club meeting or something. Someone will probably chime in on this.

The car is mostly stock, nothing done to it that would make it any faster except the Thrasher chip. I rebuilt the turbo and it was after that that I started having the problems. Where are the Y hoses?

There is a GSCA chapter, I went to the last meeting, but the next one isn't for another month. I met a guy that lives a few miles away, but he doesn't have anyway to scan my car, and I don't either, yet.

Red Bud is about an hour south east of St. Louis Missouri.

the people around here meet in south county off of telegraph. i dont know a whole lot but i could try to help ya.

from what i know there are only two shops in st. louis that knows how to work on these cars. mike at g+m(telegraph), and there is a guy in high ridge who is very good. he has built many badass gns. if your ever in st. louis, we should hookup id like to see your car. i dont see many at all in west county.

its in high ridge. about 15 miles west of the other place. i had him look at my car when i first bought it and he found everything that was wrong with it. hes deaf but you can talk to him through a relay service. if you want the number i can give it to ya.

yeah definitly, you can email it to me if you dont want to post it

how much did that basic check over cost you?