HELP no lights!!

cimi4749

I have a tilt wheel that has been real loose and shakey lately and Im wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the headlights wont go on and sometimes it seems like the car just turns off after hitting several bumps or taking a turn.. Is it possible there is some wiring in there that could have gotten loose?? I was messing with it last night, when I had the lights on I would jiggle it all around and they would pop on for a split second... any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

no high beams or no headlights?

highs will not work because the column falls apart and the wheel gets wobbly. there are a few torx headed screws that will tighten the wheel up.
how bad is the sloppy wheel?

you might just be better off getting a different column
BW

yeah its the vertical up and down on the collumn thats real nasty. Id say it gives about 2-3 inches when its supposed to be locked into place. Any clue on the location of the adjusting torx screws??

yes-

there are 3 or 4 screws that are right under the steering wheel, under the plastic cover.

you will need to pull the wheel off USING A STEERING WHEEL PULLER, you wont get it off without breaking your nose if you dont use the proper tool. :)

i have had a few of them apart to fix the wobbly wheel and the no high beams, and i think that there are alot of pieces that you might loose if you dont know where they go back.

that is why i suggested might want to get a different column, alot easier to do!

to fix the high beams, you will need to pull the wheel off and there may be this little black piece either loose, or fell out.

maybe tightening up those few screws/bolts might tighten everything back up so it all works again.

BW

i figured it would be much more confusing in there than i thought.... ill give it a whirl otherwise... does anyone have a black or burgandy wheel collumn for sale??? thanks a lot