HELP: Rebuilt 200R4 with intermittent no reverse problem

tcgn

Trans. rebuilt early this year because I had no reverse when backing up. After
idling for approx. 1 min. finally I felt reverse gear engage and drove to work. Car went directly to the trans. shop and after transmission teardown, they found nothing wrong and proceed with trans. rebuild using Kevlar clutches. When I got the car back, it shifts very hard in reverse only. Recently, for 3 days straight, drove to work, parked my car at 8 am, by 6 pm I move forward and then shift into reverse to backup, no reverse were felt as if in neutral, gave some gas it made a clucking noise as if trying to engage with slight movement and slipping were felt. After iidling for approx. 1 min., reverse finally engages. Right now it is back in the trans. shop. Any ideas or suggestions? :confused:
Thanks in advance.

Pull the pan and vb and see if the cup plug that seals the low reverse feed is sealing against the housing. You can air check at that point.

Problem solved

Got the car back, the trans shop found a worn piston with too much clearance exposing the seal. They replace the piston. Hope everything will be fine from here on. Thank you all for your inputs.

Got the car back, the trans shop found a worn piston with too much clearance exposing the seal. They replace the piston. Hope everything will be fine from here on. Thank you all for your inputs.

I call BS on that. Ive never seen a worn piston on one of those.

Sounds like they found a problem that they caused/missed and told you something to "satisfy" an explanation to you. What kind of wear was showing? I would ask for the piston back. Only 2 pistons applied for reverse. If direct piston, you would have had a problem there as well. If low/reverse, I suspect they forgot the little cup "plug" that seals the case passage to the reverse clutch housing. Sounds like you need a new trans shop. One of the vendors on here would be a good place for proper repairs.