Help w`-Turbo questions

D&Gbuick

These cars did'nt seem this complicated 30yrs ago
Not even sure this is the right forum.. but here it goes..
I am new to TB's, and after about 2-3 months of random reading and questions (thanks guys BTW) I have started my game plan. Now I have gotten to the turbo, AND my questions.
Trying to decide on going with a larger unit, and I have seen lots of posts on the subject, including the PTE posts on comparing new-old version turbos. My upgrades include MAF translator, 50lb injectors & TT chip, scantool, and all the gauges to keep up w-engine vitals. Engine is being disassembled and soon to be rebuilt by a trusted turbo mechanic. No other mods have been made, however the trans will be going in for refreshing as well as upgraded valve body.
This will not be a race car, but a cruiser (I do enjoy the looks on kids faces when they cant recognize the car that just pulled away from them @ the light) I would love to have a turbo that spooled up a little faster, but was wondering if improvement would be limited by airflow restrictions.. ex downpipe, intercooler... etc.
One last thing.. when considering a turbo, at what point does the aftermarket turbo not bolt right up to the otherwise factory components??
I do not want to affect the drivability of the car, that's why I am hesitant to make major changes.

CONFUSED YET?? Imagine how I feel! Any help, or pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

There really isn't anything that spools faster than stock.

You can get just about most any turbo to 1000hp capability with the 3-bolt style Buick exh housing (that bolts to your headers). This style housing is somewhat of a hindrance but it's what we do :)

What are your ultimate performance goals?

I don't really have a # goal in mind, just wanting to be able to hang with the modern muscle. Like I stated, this car will not be raced on any type of regular basis. We may see a night @ the track 1 or 2 times a year at the most, but my fun is on the street. That's why I am so concerned with drivability. I put just as many miles on this car taking my son to ballgames as I do anywhere else. (he's 8 and he's hooked) I have had race cars in the past that were super=fast.. but impossible to enjoy on the street. That is not what I want out of this car. Thank you for your insight & info

my 5857 BB turbo was $ it was worth it, supper on the street .and supper at the track

A mild cam, turbo, converter package with Razor's Alky and some MT ET streets will be hard to beat when tuned right. Only the high end performance muscle offered today will be able to beat you.