hezitation / stumble from a dead stop

mikes gn

1) i tried doing the cam sensor trick , start car then unplug it, well the car idled real bad and when put in gear would die??? why is that ??
2) and whel they say turn the cam sensor an 1/8 to a 1/4 turn at a time , do they mean 1/4 turn or 1/4 inch
at a time ??
3) when turning car off how long before you see any drop in the fuel preasure gauge and how low in time is ok ??
4) might bumping the fuel psi up or down help this problem ??
5) where are most peoples cam sensor set , as far as where the wires are or point ??
6) and i swear some times it seems to run almost perfect from a dead stop and back to the hezitation again?
7) can the iac #'s be to high ?? i thought i read around 20 , but when i turn it clock wise to lower it seems to idle way to high ??

1) a crappy module
2) 1/4 inch
3) it does not matter
4) it might

5) Most people set the cam sensor with a casper's setting tool. I like to advance the sensor till the motor dies then turn it back a little and try restarting. I'll keep bumping it back till it starts then lock it down. I seem to have the best results with this method.

6) In my best Tom Jones voice, "that's not unusual. :D

7) We like to target 20 engine warm at idle but it can be anywhere between 10 and 50. Have you read this? http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm#IAC (Idle Air Control) Adjustment

RL

5) Doesn't make any difference where the wires are pointed as long as it is timed right.
ok, i just took the cam sensor cap off, all those wires what a pain. anyway the cap looks good very little up and down play. on that brass colored wheel there is a notch cut in it, what does that do? and when putting the cap back on does that notch have to line up with those 2 tabs inside the cap ?

and i was thinking the caps off i might as well just buy a new one, just in case.. the cap with the led lights on it, what do the led lights do ?