Hi I'm a new member

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking around here for about two months now. I recently purchased an 87 Regal Turbo Limited in pretty rough physical shape. Mechanically the car is fantastic but interior and exterior are rough around the edges.

The car has unknown true miles. I am guessing around 100k or so. Being a limited I decided to begin fixing it up a bit. I recently purchased a complete gray leather interior and am right smack in the middle of converting from blue to gray interior. Maybe next year I can do some body work and paint.

I just wanted to say hello. I am out of Austin,TX anyone else posting on this forum from around here?

Welcome to the board:)

There are a bunch from the Austin/S.A. that post here so I'm sure they will chime in soon.

Good luck with the car.

Congrats on the car. I live in south Austin. There are a few people from Austin that post here. My car is in my sig. I might be picking up a project T this weekend?

Zac

Welcome to the board. I am in N. Austin, Parmer/Mopac area. My car is hella rough around the edges too, but I am gettiing back together finally, slowly but surely.

So do you guys meet up on the weekends or anytime during the week? With my car being totally stock I really want to get some ideas and meet some new people.

I am pretty new to Austin, and my car has been down since I have moved here. Will be running again soon. Met some boys from Cedar Park that told me of some goings on, I hope to meet up with some of the turbo Buick crowd when I get my car running.

I live in the Killeen/Ft.Hood area..would definately enjoy a meet. I wouldn't mind making the drive to the Austin area. Any takers?....is there an Austin Buick club?.....

That's what I am trying to find out as well. Worst case scenario we can organize it. Maybe meet up at the weekly carshow the saturday after fathers day. Any takers?

So that would be the weekend of the 26th/27th???.....right? I would be all for it. Is this car show somewhere close to I-35? Hope so, 'cause I'm not really the most familiar with Austin. I know enough to get me lost....ha So let's do it! Any particular time? I'm available at anytime throughout the day on both of those days....preferably Sunday however.

I think that is a pre 72 show only. Rods, customs, non late model muscle cars. I went to the Lone star Roundup this year in my 59 Bel Air, it was put on by the Kontinentals. It was a 63 and earlier show. This year was picked because they did not want the show to be over run by Mustangs and Camaros, just rods and early customs. Which was cool, it was just that kind of show. Anyway if Luchenbach is model year limited, there is plenty to do, every Sat at RPM, and also at Van's, which is mostly young kids and ricers I believe. It would still be fun to roll up in the lot with a few GN's.

I hope to have the car back on the road by next weekend. It has been down for 6 months.

Hey guys! Thought I would pop in here and say hey. If all the Austin Buick people want to start doing something let me know. I have a list of about 30+ buick owners here in Austin. Some are really active some not as much but we could start something up. I will say this would be broad based all buicks as I do the pre turbo stuff. 70's skylarks and GS's. but we are all buick. Let me know.

I also will be helping to put on the 3rd Annual Lone Star Buick Brand X Bash. Coming to a track near you in spring 2005!

Where/what is RPM? If I go North of the river I get a nosebleed. I should be able to come. I ordered an intercooler today, so I will be going to the track soon. Maybe we could get the Buicks together at TAD?

For those that are new, Phil (TXGS) puts together a great event. I have been to both and wouldnt miss it.

Zac

Zac,

RPM (indoor raceway for Go Carts) is in Round Rock on the south bound side of 35. The best reference for location is, a Wal mart excatly oposite it on the north bound side of 35. easy to find

Sent an email out to most of the austin group if you did not get it let me know.

Scott and Zac,

We may need to look at a diffrent date a lot of the austin group have plans. Lets try another date. Let me know. Also are people still gathering at RPM I have not been up there in a few months and I stop by there Saturday and it was dead.

Phil