High BLM's stock car

iwantatta

I've got high BLM's 145 at idle. Car is stock including the chip and regulator. I've tried looking for obvious vacuum leaks but have not been able to find any.

The fuel pressure i am measuring with vacuum on is 38psi and with it disconnected 30psi so i'm guessing this may mean something. Isn't the fuel pressure suppose to be higher with the vacuum line disconnected?

Also recently changed spark plugs? Would not firing on one cause blms to go high? Wondering if i should pull out the plugs.

Your regulator appears to be bad or your gauge is jacked up. You need to verify your FP before anything else should be checked. You can look for vacuum leaks until you are blue in the face but with the FP that far off you won't get the BLM close to 128. After you get the fuel pressure right then drive the car for a little while so the ECM learns and then check your BLM. If it is still high after getting the FP set then continue looking for leaks. I had a pcv that was bad causing my BLM to be high. Spent the $6 and it fixed it. Get the FP set and then go from there. That maybe your only problem.

Your regulator appears to be bad or your gauge is jacked up. You need to verify your FP before anything else should be checked. You can look for vacuum leaks until you are blue in the face but with the FP that far off you won't get the BLM close to 128. After you get the fuel pressure right then drive the car for a little while so the ECM learns and then check your BLM. If it is still high after getting the FP set then continue looking for leaks. I had a pcv that was bad causing my BLM to be high. Spent the $6 and it fixed it. Get the FP set and then go from there. That maybe your only problem.

I have my stock FPR and adjustable FPR from my TTA. Should i be able to swap either one in just to see if its a bad fpr.

You should be able to

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

It just doesn't make sense that you FP is dropping with the line off. When you take the suspect FPR off try and pressurize the port that the vac line hooks up to and see if you are getting air out of the fuel side. If you have a hand powered vac pump you can try to see if it can hold a vacuum.

And again if you switch regulators and your fuel pressure is doing what it should then I would assume bad regulator.

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

My head is broke. Retested this morning and fuel pressure is 30 with line on and 38 with line off. Its a bosch.
So, i'm back to making sense of high blms. On my test drive it hovers around 128. But as soon as i go up a small hill i can see the
number clamp to 145. At idle it locks on to 145 also.

Sounds like a weak fuel pump. Not 100% positive, but sounds like once the pump is being required to work it cant. Is your pump the original?

Subscribing to this thread, having a similar problem. I checked my FP by jumping the wire behind the altenator and got 38 psi as well with the stock regulator.

Nick

I removed the oil cap with the car running and it stalled. I dont recall this happening before. Does it mean anything?