high end power?

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
Ok I have a friend getting a turbo supra and hes going to be doing the BPU upgrade thing from www.suprastore.com

Now I dont have a problems with supras but 1 my friend is very undeserving of this car (considering its his first car) because he is very spoiled beyond anything and 2 he makes such a big deal out of the supra like its the faster car on earth and always sends me links to a supra pulling an 8.XX or 9.XX in the 1/4. Now I already know that I would be able to take him out of the hole just cause of how the GN launches but how can I beat him on top end say to 160 or so?
or say he asked to race from a role (which they love to do) what kind of setup to beat him from a roll?

thanks in advance guys

Carl

just for some help
the mods thus far but not been put on the car yet are

3"test pipe, ported elbow, 3" poston DP, pinion snubber, gauges water, oil, boost, tach (still need knock), scan master, adj wastegate, adj fuel pressure regulator, big mouth intake,
soon getting ( HNR lower control arms and rear bushings,Ramchargers boost controller, jay jackson throttle body and plenum bore and port and polish), racetronix fuel pump and plug and play

You need a different platform if you want to go 160 MPH plus. Supras suck on launch! I have seen 130 MPH trap speed Supras lose to low 11 second GN's so it is no big deal. If you want to get him from a roll get a 9" convertor, ported heads, little bigger bumpstick, 70-72 turbo, FM and 72 lb. injectors and anything short of a one of the ones you see in a magazine will get wasted.

You picked the wrong car for top speed. Your best bet is to kick his butt so bad at the beginning that you don't have to go to 160 b/c they are monsters on the topend.

I would say your first mod for a top end car would be to trade the TR for a TTA :)

Unless you want to spend large amounts of money to modify the suspension (and the motor obviously) I suggest you get another car.

ok well 1 is our suspension really that bad?
and how about if I try him in the quarter or from a stop on the street?

Originally posted by Cleaner13
ok well 1 is our suspension really that bad?
and how about if I try him in the quarter or from a stop on the street?
These questions have already been answered.

Yes our suspension is not made for high MPH runs.
Yes you can take him if you have the right mods and some traction, just don't expect to pull away from him after 1/4 mile point.

Most Supras, even modified have a hard time getting decent 60' times or going faster than mid 11's. IMO most run low 12's unless they have a real big single and a decent amount of work done.