High Mileage GN, $3800

ChrisCairns

I need the room in my shop so I'm selling my original GN. Sob, sob.

This 86 has been the absolute best vehicle I've ever owned. Very few problems....maybe that's because I didn't do much to make it "better".

I bought it in April of 94. Walked onto a dealer's lot and bought it without even driving it, as the dealer woudn't let me drive it in the rain....said it was too powerful...lol. 125,xxx miles at the time. It now has 210,xxx miles and still drives beautifully.

Original engine except for a head gasket. Blue tops with thrasher chip. Kenne Bell ram air setup, with K&N.. Adjustable pressure regulator. Fuel gauge on the rail. That's it for the engine.

Tranny still shifts great both up and down. I put in a 2800 converter years ago.

Previous owner switched out the 8.5 rear and put in a 7.5. I replaced the axles and brakes shoes...other than that I've had no problems with it. I put the good Classic Industries 16" GNX style wheels on it along with new tires. Still lots of tread.

I had it painted 4 months after I bought it and it still shines. I was driving it on the highway to work and back for years....rock chips in the paint on the front. Slight rust through the paint but not the metal on the rear corner of both doors. A tire flew off one day (I suspect someone loosened my lug nuts) and bent the quarter panel...not much metal damage but paint from spray bomb has turned gray in the small area that was bent.

Interior is good for mileage. One small hole in each front seat. Air, cruise, power seat, windows, locks, defrost, tilt, the good radio with concert sound, 145 mph speedo. New legal tint. Boost gauge on A pillar, oil and water on console.

This car still drives like a low mileage one and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip. It hasn't been driven regularly for 3 years. It would make a great daily driver. $3800 firm.

Pics by request. I'm just north of Spokane, Washington.

Gee, I never thought that I would see the day that you would sell one of your fleet Mr. Cairns. Forget selling the cars, just expand the shop.;)

Good idea Dan but........

A small part of my decision to thin the herd lies in the realization that I'm 58 years old; should I croak I'll be damned if I'll leave any cars for my wife's new husband. :D

I totally agree, Chris. To help you out, I'm willing to be the recipient of your turbo buicks in your will. That's how much of a nice guy I am.:p

In the next half hour Gary.

I bought tabs for the car today. Cruise still works but the air doesn't. I'll give it some R12 in the next few day to see if I can resusitate it but the seals may be shot.

R12 ???

You still have R12??? Isn't that stuff worth about a $1,000,000 a pound now??? :eek:

Bill,

The price seems to be right to get back on the power6 train again.

So, when are you going to get another TR?

FS

I tried Mr. JP87GN. I assume the same problem exists with your hotmail account that exists with another person to whom I tried to send pics. Hotmail addresses won't accept pics.

Do you have another email addy?

BTW to anyone else interested. I spent some time today trying to get the AC working....no go. The compressor is making noises so apparently I wasted some R12.

Scratch working AC from my description.

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
I tried Mr. JP87GN. I assume the same problem exists with your hotmail account that exists with another person to whom I tried to send pics. Hotmail addresses won't accept pics.

Do you have another email addy?

BTW to anyone else interested. I spent some time today trying to get the AC working....no go. The compressor is making noises so apparently I wasted some R12.

Scratch working AC from my description.
I got em' , If I new you were selling it a few days prior to your thread I would have had the cash but instead I bought new tires for my truck and a new car hauler for about the same price. If you don't sell it in a few months I might still be interested. Thanx for sending the pics and let me know if you find a buyer before then.

Thanks for letting me know.

If I haven't sold it by Woodburn I may bring it over if I can find a way. Ironically since I dug it out from my shop and cleaned it up I've been driving it back and forth to work each day. It drives nicer than my lower mileage daily driver. Perhaps I should sell that one instead.:)

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Thanks for letting me know.

If I haven't sold it by Woodburn I may bring it over if I can find a way. Ironically since I dug it out from my shop and cleaned it up I've been driving it back and forth to work each day. It drives nicer than my lower mileage daily driver. Perhaps I should sell that one instead.:)

Do you want to sell your lower mileage one for $3800 then? :D

Hey, Chris still have the car? Or did someone already get the jump on the car. Hopefully not I just returned from Iraq one week ago. Got on the net and saw your post. Let me know if it's still for sale thanks.

Hey, Chris still have the car? Or did someone already get the jump on the car. Hopefully not I just returned from Iraq one week ago. Got on the net and saw your post. Let me know if it's still for sale thanks.

Welcome home....and thanks for your service.

I still have it although a person in Texas says he's going to take it. I'm just awaiting his check.

If that deal falls through I'll let you know.

Thanks Chris I will be happy to take it off your hands. Question... does the driver side of the car look as good as the passenger side?