high vol cover

typetmkp

I need a new front cover debris went threw old one and scored it. So do I go with the high volume again or stick to the stocker? the high volume one that I had always seemed to have to much pressure cold 100psi or so warm it was ok. I never wanted to drive till it warmed up for fear of the high press. Need a vote here high volume or not? thanks!

If the engine is clearanced properly you don't need a high volume pump. :)

X2. I always run the stock cover. Always had good oil pressure from idle to WOT. Like was said, if the clearances are correct you don't need a high volume pump. My buddy went through this with his engine. The place that built his engine had the main and rod bearing clearances way too loose so he went with the HV cover as a fix. The high volume pump seems to increase the cam gear wear as well with the front cam bearing. After eating a couple of cam bearings, the engine was rebuilt the right way and he went with the stock pump again and all is well.

Just my $.02:D

Thats what I thought to but wanted to see if there was any reason to use it. I think that pump may have helped kill that last motor because of the high start up pressure.