Hit boost for the first time. I love this 4.1

cool 84

Got hotair?
I'm still pulling some things together with the car so I haven't driven it yet (wheel issue). I had it running yesterday sitting in the garage and couldn't help myself. I had to see if I could get boost by powerbraking. I had serious spooling issues with my old motor. I couldn't get any boost from powerbraking and my 3,200 stall Vigillante would only stall at 2,600. I eased into the gas and at just over 1/2 pedal, the needle hit 5psi and climbing. The convertor stalled at ~3,400rpm. I let off right away because it was trying to push through the brakes but I am more than happy to know I can actually make boost at the line now. No more 2.3 60's hopefully. There is a certain Viper around here that I can't wait to beat on.

i have got the same prob building boost at the line i have got some cracks in the pass header but i had them before i put on my ta 33 and with the stock turbo i could build like 8 pounds at the line now i cant get 5 and 60fts went ftam 1.9s to 2.4s ?

bet that car will be fun

I've run a 49 and with my car in pretty good tune, it spooled like stock. Those header leaks can really kill spool and will be much more noticable with the bigger turbos. Not only are you bleeding off exhaust pressure, you're tricking the 02 sensor and making it run rich.

Now that I think about it, the 12.9@110mph in my sig was done with the TA49 and a horrible exhaust leak between the header and uppipe. That 2.3 60 was with the pedal on the floor and no traction problems.

2.4 60s are no fun. With the 64 on my old motor I could stay at the line with it floored and never get 1 psi. Then about 150' out, it would light the tires up.

Cool84

Cool84, do you have any pics of your current setup? I'd love to see some pics!:p

I posted some a while back but it was half finished. I've been wanting to get some of the completed setup. Hopefully this week.

Awesome news cool....Cant wait to see this car!!! Maybe I can travel around one year and see all these awesome hot air cars (with the exception of you IC kit guys...cool)...lol....GOOD LUCK!!

John

Originally posted by racemybuick
Awesome news cool....Cant wait to see this car!!! Maybe I can travel around one year and see all these awesome hot air cars (with the exception of you IC kit guys...cool)...lol....GOOD LUCK!!

John

If you ever decide to visit Vegas, let me know. Now that I live here, hopefully I can make the annual November meet and put up some good numbers for our cars. Definately have to get it painted first though.