Holden Monaro in US

Crazy87GN

So i was wondering if or how hard it would be to import a Holden Monaro to the United States....
check out their website and their other cars or concept ones......they LOVE the 5.7 V8

Holden

I agree - definitely not the same and I'd rather have the Monaro.

I think you'd probably have to spend a lot to get it certified for emissions and what not - not in terms of the actual parts required but in terms of just fees and stuff.

Damn nice car though.

Rich

Originally posted by Crazy87GN
they aren't the same

How are they not the same? They are much closer than Camaro was to the Firebird. It has a different grill and right hand drive. The GTO is BETTER than a Monaro. The Monaro only has 328 HP vs. 350 for the GTO.

You can build your own today by buying a used Cadillac Catera for $7500 and swapping in the motor of your choice.

The other cars from Holden are way more interesting than the Monaro.

The Aventra: 5.7L V8 AWD

Crewman Cross 8: ditto

Crewman SS

Originally posted by Crazy87GN
So i was wondering if or how hard it would be to import a Holden Monaro to the United States....
check out their website and their other cars or concept ones......they LOVE the 5.7 V8

Holden
Check out this link: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
Looks like the easiest way is to claim its a race car and never register it. You know down here in Florida I see a lot of gray market type cars(SkylineGT,Evo, Sylvia) and a lot of them have Puerto Rico license plates on them so I am wondering if there is some loophole in the laws that let you buy a car in PR, tag and title it there than bring it over and say drive it until the plates expire and retitle it. I might have to look into that.

that monaro is the stock one they have a model that carries the 5.7 but they boosted it and it has 400 H.P or a little over..............so that out does the GTO. plus the monaro is australian so it makes it that much better and to see a REAL one in the states would be awesome

ummm .... that 400hp one would be a HSV car, which would make it more expensive and much harder to get one here. The GTO is more powerfull than the CV8. The CV8 has a few nice things, climate control, side air bags, backup sensors, memory seats. The front fasica could be replaced with a HSV or Holden one.

it might be easier to import one for the saudi (lumina ss) .... england is getting them this summer too (vaxhaul monaro)

The gas tank does not meet govt standards. GM US had to move the gas tank in more to meet the standards.