Holley Dominator..

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
The Holley system showed up, today.:smuggrin:
Some nice stuff...looks to be a basic plug/play w/ the exception of assigning the various monitoring functions to the correct plug/pins.
Going to monitor dome psi, oil, fuel, trans temp, maybe egt.
Looks to be good software, without many "gotchas". [The self tune feature is going to be an experiment.]
Am controlling boost w/ the dual solenoid system, & the trans, too.
Seems a good bit "cleaner" than trying to use a COS w/ the OEM system.:cool:
The Holley forum appears to be well organized, and staffed w/ guys in the know.

More later.....:shifty:

it's later... Several days/many hrs later.:rolleyes:
If I did this again, I'd opt for the unterminated harnesses...A real PITA to open up, lengthen, shorten, repin.
The ECM is so big, it wound up under the pass seat.
My job at the harness shop is a big help. W/o that, I'd really be SOL...I don't splice wires if I don't have to. I de-pin, cut off, and re-pin. Still a major PITA.........
Oh well, keeps me away from the Walmart hottie inspector job.:smuggrin:

I bought all the harnesses unterminated to avoid exaclty what you are going through. The only downside is that it looks even more like spaghetti when starting from scratch. I'll start playing with it after I get the current project running and smogged.

Under the passenger seat is a good idea. I was also considering the trunk since the harness lengths are long enough and I've got the battery back there already. The other possibility is the back of the AC delete panel but the Dominator is so big I'm afraid it will get too crowded in there.

This is for the Grey Ghost below.

Jim

I bought all the harnesses unterminated to avoid exaclty what you are going through. The only downside is that it looks even more like spaghetti when starting from scratch. I'll start playing with it after I get the current project running and smogged.

Under the passenger seat is a good idea. I was also considering the trunk since the harness lengths are long enough and I've got the battery back there already. The other possibility is the back of the AC delete panel but the Dominator is so big I'm afraid it will get too crowded in there.

This is for the Grey Ghost below.

Jim

Jim, my project is evolving into a mess...
Prior to purchase, I asked Holley what harnesses I should order. [I also asked about unterm parts.]
Turns out I now have a main harness that's wrong, and an answer indicating the harnesses would be best if I bought them already wrapped. [Even tho they were well aware I have the tools to complete a harness.] :rolleyes:
NOT HAPPY!:rage:

The ecm is under the pass seat. I've so far gotten the trans and power hooked up.
While I'm waiting on the correct harness, I'm looking to get the boost sols mounted and plumbed.

Thst sucks. If Doug Flynn isn't at Holley's site, he often checks in at the EFI forum at ChevyTalk.com. Doug is a great source and there are also some very sharp users of the Holley EFI that I've found very helpful.

Jim

Thst sucks. If Doug Flynn isn't at Holley's site, he often checks in at the EFI forum at ChevyTalk.com. Doug is a great source and there are also some very sharp users of the Holley EFI that I've found very helpful.

Jim

The only "Holley guy" I see on the Holley forum is Danny Cabral. He answers most of the ??'s.
I'm on the CT forum, but haven't been there in quite some time, since I got on the Buick project, and finished the 55.

Chuck,

I'm bringing this thread back up to see how the Holley is working for your car? Might need to do an EFI upgrade from classic FAST and considering Holley but wanted to see what others are experiencing.

-Lloyd

Chuck,

I'm bringing this thread back up to see how the Holley is working for your car? Might need to do an EFI upgrade from classic FAST and considering Holley but wanted to see what others are experiencing.

-Lloyd
Not sure how chucks project is coming, but I have been running one for awhile on several cars. My lastest turbo buick build went a 9.41 at 145mph last week. If you are thinking about switching, holley is def a good choice.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry I'm tardy in replying... 6 weeks in the hospital kinda screwed my hot rodding plans!
I'm now home, but not doing much.
I've got 90% of the wiring done, and am now looking at mounting the boost sols, and the I/O harness.
I ended up doing considerable cutting on the harness.
I have it back in the car, and sealed at the firewall w/ one of our "trik" seal plates..:shifty:
Next is the custom Autometer dash... One of our specialties...It's NEAT:smuggrin:

In addition to all the Holley wiring, I installed a Racetronix dp fuel system. [All wired so NHRA doesn't get their panties in a wad.]:D

May get back to some simple, low stress install work this next week or so.....

Did you guys get the Holly set ups from Holly or from a differnt vendor? Im getting ready to do a swap in an 87 GN with a LY6/4l80E boosted. From what ive read Holly seems to be the best route.

Hey guys, I too am doing an LS swap boosted. Im planning a 6.0L and looking for the best route.
No track time...just street enjoyment. Aiming for 600-700 hp.

What Holley system should I use?

Hey guys, I too am doing an LS swap boosted. Im planning a 6.0L and looking for the best route.
No track time...just street enjoyment. Aiming for 600-700 hp.

What Holley system should I use?
if you are planning on using a drive by wire throttle body and electronically shifter trans you will need the dominator. Cable driven throttle body and th350/400 or 200r4 trans I would buy the hp and save half my money.

Thx for the reply Tom.

So the main reason I'd want a Holley kit is the flexibility of tuning and changing power adders etc? I'm getting that from reading about it on their site. For me, the car won't be changed much at all once it's set up. No track time, just street fun. I have to weigh the option of going with a GM PCM and maybe a custom harness vs. going the Holley route. I don't know if this is the best option for me yet....but man it sure seems simple and complete. Plug and Play they call it....which makes it attractive.

Im starting out with a bare motor here...no wires, no accessories, nothing at all so I am basically starting from scratch.

We have Holley systems in stock and have had very good luck with them so far. If you need help we would be happy to answer your questions
Mike