Home apprasial

Hyper

I need property appraiser for a home
If you are a appraiser for property, I need you to contact me at
j_watter@bellsouth.net.

I have a apprasial from before and need someone to look at it and see if they can give me a new one. My house was at 147,000 in 1999, I have since then added a hot tub, 440 sqaure foot shop with 16 ft door, and a 27x22 patio covered. I need to get one for 155,00 so I can refinace it.

Unless property values are really on the decline in your area, yours should have grown by at least the 8% you need.

You need to talk to someone local. Preferably someone local to your area who keeps up with the sales in that particular area. Adding a shop and enclosed patio will help the value some, but not the same as adding to the basic area of the house. They should add some value as "improved additions" or something to that effect. Won't add to it nearly as much as the cost to do the work though. You need someone who can come out to the house to get a good value, they need to measure and inspect. Why not call the guy that did it last time? Also, you can probably call a few out of the phone book and run it by them verbally to get an idea of value. Some will do that for you. Go with the one that's most familiar with the neighborhood, they'll know about private sales that weren't listed and probably got a better sales price.
If you know the sales prices of your neighbors, in houses of similar base square footage, write them down and give them to the appraiser. Like Ross said, unless the neighborhood reached it's max, chances are good. There's always a little room in an appraisal. Especially if the last one was from the purchase. They usually appraise a house right at the sales price, even if it's worth more.