Homelink out of J/Y retrofit?

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
My wife's 02 Honda van has this up near the o/h console.... programmable buttons for garage doors.... very cool.... my wife's previous car.... an '00 Maxima... had them built into the driver side sun visor.

I have seen some GM vehcles have them... in I think... the rear view mirror.

I was thinking about trying to put a homelink in my '87GN....

Has anyone done this?

Do you have any pics?

There can't be too much to it...

My Cadillac has one just above the rear view mirror. Never thought of trying to put one in my turbo cars.

They're totally self-contained (except for the 12V they need) so you can put them in anything you want. Just need to figure out how to blend it in.

Jim

They're totally self-contained (except for the 12V they need) so you can put them in anything you want. Just need to figure out how to blend it in.

Jim

I think the rear view mirror is a decent way.... get the one with the temp... and map lights too..... maybe even the compass..... I'm a sucker for gadgets....

Wouldn't look out of place.... IMHO...

the 00-05 deville the black box in the headliner pop it out only 3 wires, 12v bat 12v ing ground, fits great in my 99 seirras overhead console I'm sure you could rig it up in a GN

Check under Gentek or Donnelly mirror and should be able to find some info...I installed a Gentek 31 Compass/Temp mirror in my '84 GN. I see dirrerent ones on eBay, check ou 12volt.com as well.

What's kind of interesting with the temp on the mirror and the MAT sensor you can see the difference between the two..