honda gets smacked down hard

G

GNeric

I was at Idiot Zone getting some tuneup parts for my sis-in-law's grand am when this little honda starts to rev-up as I pull out of the parking lot. I saw him looking at me (in my T) and gave him a "what's up" knod. He revs the crap out of it and dumps the clutch. Loud screaching, lots of torque steer both ways and a little puddle of water and it was all over. He lost control of the car and hit the light pole in the parking lot and lost the quarter panel and taillight to the concrete around the base of the light pole.:eek:

I idled by to see if he was ok and he was red with embarrassment and kept looking away from me. I asked "you alright?" and he just waved for me to keep going.

It wasn't my kill, but some sort of kill, nonetheless.;)

Priceless, absolutely priceless. I don't mind seeing drag racing video clips, but I would LOVE to see a video like that.

Kinda reminds me of when I was a victim of something similar (though not quite as bad).

Came out of Red Lobster and there were a bunch of punks standing around my Mustang. As I approached they disperesed and stood on the sidewalk to watch me drive away. It was loud, and blown. I started it up, punched the throttle a bit for effect - nice bass and blower whine. No car in front of me, so I pull forward out of the parking spot.

Turns out there was one of those concrete stop thingies under the car. Centered perfectly so that the tires didn't hit it, but as I pulled forward it started with the rubber flap, moved on to the rad support, bracing, and ultimately the front suspension. Awful, terrible noises. So I sat there for a second pondering my situation. The front was high - I could tell the suspension was hung up on the damn thing. There was LOTS of pointing and laughing. I think I saw one of them actually rolling on the ground.

Anyhow, I decided not to get out and investigate. I knew whatever was done was done, so I had no choice but to back off the thing. More awful, terrible noises ensued. After that, it was pointless to try to do anything fancy in the way of a tail-happy burn-out type exit so I just slowly pulled away......

It didn't really do any damage to the car other than cosmetic, but my ego was hurt pretty bad.

Jim

Originally posted by GNeric
He lost control of the car and hit the light pole in the parking lot and lost the quarter panel and taillight to the concrete around the base of the light pole.:eek:

:D

Nice story.

I had a couple tools in Jeep Wrangler pulled up next me in my Mustang. They started to re and jump the truck forward next to me. When the light turned green they took off and I just rolled out slow. I look up the road and saw the hood fly up and smash out the windshield. They were flying blind for a second and pulled over to the side of the road. I slowed down and looked and could tell they weren't hurt, so I just went on my way. I couldn't stop laughing at that. :)

My daily beater for now is an 88 accord. Its a decent car and gets good gas mileage and its peppy for being a 2 liter 5 speed but you have to be an idiot to try to race people in it. Theyre definately not dragsters.

i was at work tonite {manager of Papa Johns} and i saw this white 240 sx go flyin through the parkin lot...not less than 50 and theres a huge hump goin into another parkin lot thats about 3ft higher than the resta the road...well he hit it and flew about a ft to a foot and a half in the air, the dude was drunk and when the car came down teh nose came down first and he smashed into the ground head first.... man it was wild to be lookin out the window and see...but what if someone was walkin through the parkin lot to there car and he hit them or a car pullin out....coulda been some bad news. them ricers need to callm the hell down, plus he was drunk.

ricer

He lost control of the car and hit the light pole in the parking lot and lost the quarter panel and taillight to the concrete around the base of the light pole.

What a dumb a$$!! :D :D

i got a million stories like this lol!

there is this parking lot that fills up with rice rockets and hot rods on friday/saturday nights. well, there are a few ford contoure SVT's that buzz around togeather and they were chillin in the parking lot when one of em decides to leave. so he is showin off as he is pulling out, revin, dumpin the clutch, lettin off, u get the idea. he speeds around this curb but catches the end of it, goes over it scratching his front air dam and as he drove off it, we all noticed that the right side of his OEM body kit was sitting on the curb! we laughed our asses off and signaled him and told him what happened. embarised as hell he got out and threw it in the back and drove away slowley.

another time, same parking lot, there was this blue ford focus w/ some rims and rubber. in the mouth of the parking lot, two cops had stoped to talk to each other. this jackass in the focus reves it up and dumps the clutch on the way out leaving one big patch of rubber across the ground. he saw the cops, SLAMED on his breaks and drove slowly to the exit of the parking lot hopeing that one of the cops would move so he could leave. WRONG! (cop over the loud speaker) "turn off your vehicle and leave your hands on the steering wheel" LOL! EVERYONE in the parking lot was rolling on the ground laughing. keep in mind that this parking lot is verry small, EVERY one there saw the cops EXCEPT for him. the lot is about 20 yards long.

i have a tone more, one including me, but i wont go into that one ;)

I was leaving a bar one night... (no I didnt drink)
Had my 73 Electra. A friend was with me.
Came out and people were sitting on the hood. I started it up... oh it was loud too. TA headers and twin glasspacks.:cool:
I was gonna try an dump their rears on the ground. Heck, I told them, asked them to get off my car. They werent gonna budge.
I put it in reverse and stomped the gas.
And it stalled....
:mad:
They started to laugh.
Cool night... it wasnt warmed up. I shoulda known better.
So, I started it back up, revved up the nasty sounding 455, turned it completely around, and let the rear tires have it a little. Everyone backed up an took notice of that. At least 75-100 people out in the area lookin like this :eek:
SO I left the idiots that were sitting on my car with lungs full of rubber, and calmly left the parking lot without any further hoopla.

I borrowed my moms expedition one night and went to the diner. I saw a couple of kids standing next to it in he paring lot and as soon as one of them leaned against it hit the panick button and the alarm went off real loud and all the lights were flashing. The kids were all pointing and laughing at him and Im sure he felt like an ass.

During my college days, one night I came out of a bar to head home, with a couple friends. Here is speed racer, revin his ricer, obviously drunk and being stupid.

Between us, and some other people we managed to egg him on, boost his ego just enough that he speed out of parking lot (trying to spin tires, but no such luck), and turned right, heading wrong way on a one way road.

His memory must have been short that night, because I cop had parked 10ft from the front door to bar.

We managed to catch up to him, as he was getting a nice fancy ride, to free room and board that night.

We couldn't stop laughing for days.