Hot Air Riv, rough idle/running

m2mtrsports

Recently got this, had a bunch of maintenance done.
Timing cover gaskets, coolant, hoses, oil/filter, trans fluid, valve cover gaskets, coolant temp sensor, some vac leaks fixed, intake tube crack patched. Just trying to get it to run right before anything else.
Same engine as the Regal, just different trans.
Have a code 14, new coolant temp sensor. have 5v between the 2 connectors at the sensor plug with engine off key on.
From what I have seen this should make it run lean. It runs like it is on 5 cylinders, hesitates. Hard to start, popped once.

Have not done plugs/wires yet.

What else can cause this?

Will look into it more this weekend.
Thanks,

Check the fuel injector harness. They go bad when you seem to mess with your engine. 30 years of heat make the plastic connectors brittle.

Check the fuel injector harness. They go bad when you seem to mess with your engine. 30 years of heat make the plastic connectors brittle.

Ok,
Any ideas on the code 14 temp sensor high temp?
Sensor was changed and there is 5v between the pins at the connector with key on.
Thanks.

Just a couple of simple thoughts here - in case you haven't already sorted out the problem.
1- Hope the sensor isn't wrapped with Teflon tape - it needs to have the threads clean to ground it.
2-Mke sure thermostat isn't stuck open. Mine was on my 84 and the temp wouldn't go over 165.

Did have thread sealant, but at the harness it reads correctly.
Had the car running good, now some thing else.