Hot wire kits, injectors, CCCI.... Opinions?

liquidh8

I made for the fuel pump. I was easy to prove the voltage drop over factory with a 340 pump.
I made one for the ignition too, This was one of those things to take on faith. Larger gauge wire, short run from the alternator, lower resistance. call this one a good move too.

Now how about the injectors?

Is there any real benefits? I read the sale description (caspers. etc), but would it do any good with stock style (high-z) injectors?

The reason I ask, I will be redoing the engine compartment harness to upgrade to the SFI-6 EBL here in the winter (I hope). I will be adding a relay center under the hood, and redoing some cicuits so they are power through the relay. Headlights, CCCI, Fans, Fuel pump (s), N2O, etc.

Now would be the time to do something like this.

Any input?

I made for the fuel pump. I was easy to prove the voltage drop over factory with a 340 pump.
I made one for the ignition too, This was one of those things to take on faith. Larger gauge wire, short run from the alternator, lower resistance. call this one a good move too.

Now how about the injectors?

Is there any real benefits? I read the sale description (caspers. etc), but would it do any good with stock style (high-z) injectors?

The reason I ask, I will be redoing the engine compartment harness to upgrade to the SFI-6 EBL here in the winter (I hope). I will be adding a relay center under the hood, and redoing some cicuits so they are power through the relay. Headlights, CCCI, Fans, Fuel pump (s), N2O, etc.

Now would be the time to do something like this.

Any input?

There is not much to gain here, most of the injector wiring issues are with damaged connectors, burnt chaffed broken wires and such. If your harness and connectors are 100% good I would move on to other stuff. I like your idea of the relay center, the injector harness connector has 7 pins in it, one is +12 volt feed to all the injectors, and the other 6 are ground that go back to the ecm. A better +12 volt feed wouldnt hurt anything but is not necessary for what your doing. HTH

I am going to say I agree, that is what I was thinking. When I got the car, I had to do some pretty extensive repairs to the harness from a nitrous fire. So, I had already checked and repaired/replaced any sketchy or bad wires. As an aircraft electrician, this is a common task, lol. The 12vdc feed is one I may just redo when the relay center is added, since coming through the old fuse block and the like, and a smaller gauge factory wire with a longer run, may pose a voltage drop. Though i admit I haven't actually did and voltage drop checks yet. I am just spitballing here since I have a bunch of wiring to do anyway over the winter.

I am curious about this myself. I just got the CCI hot-wire and was thinking about the injector hot-wire also. I no everyone complains about weak wiring for everything ie fuel pump headlights ect so why not help out these things?

Thats what I think. Since I am rewiring the engine compartment, from the ECM out, I figured I would incorporate the way things are done nowadays. The benefit being new wire, larger gauge, and a shorter run from the 12-13.8vdc source. -