Hot Wired

Hot wired, means that a new bigger wire has been run, usually from the back of the Alternator to the fuel pump give the pump more voltage.

Kits are available with all the connectors, fuses, and relays.

Take a look at www.casperselectronics.com he has a nice kit that looks stock when installed.

The only area that is kind of painful is running the wire over the rear axle.

Ok...... I have a wire that was installed by the previous owner. It runs from the back of the alternator and dissapears through the fire wall on drivers side. It has an inline fuse (30amp). It looks home made, the fuse is just electrical tapped to the wire. I assumed I had a larger fuel pump. I kinda thought that this was a hot wire kit. Could a home made kit cause any problems?

I use a himemade hot wire kit. I ordered a second fp relay, and a GM connector for the relay and ran a larger wire back to the pump, triggered through the FP test lead and connected to the back of the alternator, and grounded through a kill switch. Mine looks stock and works fine.

Originally posted by Mike Mags
Ok...... I have a wire that was installed by the previous owner. It runs from the back of the alternator and dissapears through the fire wall on drivers side. It has an inline fuse (30amp). It looks home made, the fuse is just electrical tapped to the wire. I assumed I had a larger fuel pump. I kinda thought that this was a hot wire kit. Could a home made kit cause any problems?

Follow that wire on the inside. If it's to the fuel pump, most likely it will run under the door sill in a channel with other wires that go to the rear. I did mine that way, but I put a relay under the hood first.