Houston Buick Club @ Niftee50ees August 18th.

86TexasT

The Houston Buick Club will be at the Niftee50ees.com Car Show Saturday August 18th. from 6:00 pm- 10:00 pm. Located at the Kroger Parking lot, 8745 Spring Cypress Rd. & Champion Forest Dr. 77379 (NW Houston). The Niftee50ees Car Show is usually for '79 & older vehicles, but Randy Shannon is letting the Turbo Cars in with the HBC. I have a row reserved for us until 7:30. We will park the Turbo cars on 1 side facing the V8 cars on the other. Tell them you are with the Houston Buick Club. If you haven`t joined this year I will have membership forms & T-shirts. I am bring the HBC banner also. The carshow ask for a $5.00 per car donation, this covers the insurance policy & security requested by the property owners. They have music playing. Several places to eat, Wendys, Chinese Restaurant, Starbucks, etc. Shine up your Buick or Buick Powered vehicle. It does not have to be a "show car", daily drivers welcome.

Jim Cuba?

Hi robert, would any of you guy's in your club happen to know where to find Jim Cuba? Iv'e been trying to find him cause i bought his old engine out of his GN and iv'e got some questions to ask. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Scot w.

Hi robert, would any of you guy's in your club happen to know where to find Jim Cuba? Iv'e been trying to find him cause i bought his old engine out of his GN and iv'e got some questions to ask. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Scot w.

You might post on the California section & find him if he is still into Buicks.

Hey Robert, going top see if I can get a few locals together and come down. Hope to see ya there.
Todd

Hey Robert, going top see if I can get a few locals together and come down. Hope to see ya there.
Todd

Hey Todd, sounds great. I was going to email you this week. If you & the other GN want to park on our row, tell them your with the Houston Buick club. The others in your group can park beside us. There is always lots of classic cars & trucks. Hope to see you there.

REMINDER, Car Show is only a week away. Directions: take 249 North to Spring Cypress Rd., turn right, go approx. 3 miles to Champion Forest Dr,. go thru the light, turn right into the parking lot. The Houston Mustang club will be there also, guess they found out we were going for the attendance record:eek: . See you there. :)
The Houston Buick Club will be at the Niftee50ees.com Car Show Saturday August 18th. from 6:00 pm- 10:00 pm. Located at the Kroger Parking lot, 8745 Spring Cypress Rd. & Champion Forest Dr. 77379 (NW Houston). The Niftee50ees Car Show is usually for '79 & older vehicles, but Randy Shannon is letting the Turbo Cars in with the HBC. I have a row reserved for us until 7:30. We will park the Turbo cars on 1 side facing the V8 cars on the other. Tell them you are with the Houston Buick Club. If you haven`t joined this year I will have membership forms & T-shirts. I am bring the HBC banner also. The carshow ask for a $5.00 per car donation, this covers the insurance policy & security requested by the property owners. They have music playing. Several places to eat, Wendys, Chinese Restaurant, Starbucks, etc. Shine up your Buick or Buick Powered vehicle. It does not have to be a "show car", daily drivers welcome.

I'm working days, so thinking about making it just can't stay too late.

Great:biggrin: , Car Show is from 6:00-10:00 pm, we have spots reserved until 7:30. John Kinzer is getting his car together (again):redface: . I think Frank Weeks is coming, maybe y'all can come out together. I know it's a long drive from Deer Park. See you there.:cool:

Sure Frank and I could drive over there together, just don't let him park beside me.:p That's too close !

Will they allow the Syclone to come also ? might get my newphew drive it.

Sure Frank and I could drive over there together, just don't let him park beside me.:p That's too close !

Will they allow the Syclone to come also ? might get my newphew drive it.

I am going talk to Randy this week, I`ll ask him about the Syclone.

Oh my god! A buick gathering! I have to attend! I'm an addict!

I will try and find directions

I guess the weather GODs :mad: don`t like Buicks.: Hopefully it will clear out tomorrow afternoon.:D We should have done this LAST weekend.:rolleyes:

Well, it's not raining at the moment.
Is the event still on?

I checked the map, not far at all.

There are two GNs coming down from College Station, rain has not been a problem here all day, we are still planning on going.
See ya'll there.

We had 19 Buicks show up despite the bad weather. We met "Zeus87GN" from Georgia, super nice guy, He was in town on business & stopped by. He might become a "transplanted Texan":eek: , If so he`ll have to join the HBC of course:D . Todd Kay & another GN came down from Bryan/College Station, glad to see them. Tim Wendeberg & his brother drove in from Deer Park with his 10 sec. GN. Nick Alfano brought his 60k mile '87 Turbo T, plus my '86 T Type. Several Rivieras showed up, a '70 GS, '69 Skylark, '71 GS convertible, a '56 Roadmaster station wagon, & '64 Skylark station wagon that his Mom bought new. We did not break the club attendance record:mad: , but Thanks to all that came out. We`ll try another time:cool: .

Robert,

It was definetely a pleasure. Seeing all those classic street rods almost brought my heart to a standstill. The Buicks were the topper. That Skylark wagon was something else.

I'll check out Niftee50ees.com for pics.

Thanks for the hospitality,
Patrick

The Niftee50ees.com website has pictures up. Click on car show events, scroll down to 2007-08-18 for pics. They take pics every weekend the`re open.